Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 12-01-2000, 09:30 PM   #1
hagatha

Ok. I've gone down a well and a couple of levels later, I'm in some mines where there are a number of wasp nests that just keep on pumping out wasps. I was somehow able to kill one of the nests (using bombs?) but the rest are just not killable. What spell or combination of spells are needed to get through this mess? My companion gets killed almost right away, but my main character is a pretty powerful sorceress. Obviously this one needs more than just brute force, but I can't think of what. Is the solution on a lower level?
Old 01-21-2001, 06:21 PM   #2
begotten

This is by far the most difficult quest in the game, and should be (IMO) one of the 25-28 quests instead of one of the 9-12s...

the easiest way to finish this one is, once you've done as much of the dungeon as you can without having to deal with the nests, exit this dungeon and go one to complete everything else up to level 28. Then, as you've gained a few more levels (and hopefully found/bought a few more spellbooks for your fire spells-- the wasps AND the nests are immune to a lot of things, but Flame Thrower and Magic Bomb seem to work just fine), go back and attack the mines. I've always managed it (my characters are assassin and sorceress) by setting the sorceress to magic bomb, or flame thrower, controlling the assassin, and keeping myself pounding the function keys that recharge health and mana... and taking at least twenty or thirty tries to get through each mine.

R