Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Dragon Age Inquisition

...Anyone playing it?
...Anyone alive in here?

I bought DAI even though the last DA game reeeeeeally sucked dwarf ass!

But I must eat my words and take off my hat for EA and Bioware has created something really special.

First off I will list a few bad things ( don't worry the good things are a plenty )
1. two voices to choose between in character creation is just not enough in my opinion - even though the game is soooooo large and it would have been time consuming to the least to make more voices...it is needed ( my dwarf can't sound like my human....and my Quanari WHAT were they thinking??? )
2. Crafting system is basically *try your luck and maybe just maybe there is a little chance we might actually reward you with something better than anticipated.
3. You can't compare the freaking crafting items to the gear you're wearing so in-out-in-out-in-out to check stats and compare....thats just bad layout!!!
4. Dragons...only ten *cry* I want more!!!! THIS IS DRAGON AGE!!!!!

Now for the good stuff:
1. The world is huge...and I mean huuuuuge...I spent almost 25 hours just on the first available map in the game and there are several more ( ofc I am the morone that just have to look behind every crevice and nook to avoid missing something ).
2. Combat is pretty much the same as in the earlier games - though magic seems a bit better balanced, while the rogue is a bit less fluidly jumping around - but still good and the warrior ( well....I play a champion tank and NUTHING can take me out ( unless it takes me from behind ofc ).
3. Dragon fighting - this is really one the highlights of the game for me so far - in Skyrim the fighting always seemed a bit stilted ( but it was epic untill I saw this ) the dragons will crouch, buffet you with tail and wings, breathe on you ( garlic dragon is insta kill for Varrick ) and punch you with claws that open your armor! The dragon fights are WAY more hectic and "living" than Skyrim.
4. Enviromently speaking this game hits the ball out of the park with the varied zones and the "dungeons" there is something epic about watching the distant peaks - but in this regard Skyrim is still king of RPG.
5. Characters are as always diverse and some are just plain fun while others are really irritating. I am still living in the vain hope that Iron Bull will smash Dorian into the ground - but alas no such luck so far.
The absolute highlight is Iron Bull commenting to Varrick that he is very impressed with his skills as an archer since all the dwarf can see from "downthere" is peoples asses!
*I almost peed myself*
6. Time for me to return to DAI and kill my third dragon. I just hit level 14 and killed a level 16 dragon ( so the level 12 I missed should be easy-peasy....I hope - but honestly you just never know )
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

I only played to that big bossthing and find the battle control to annoying so i skipped to play more dont like it either sorry.
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have a lot of fun with the game on my PC but my pc is getting a little old so I have to deal with bad performances and the occasional crashes.

I already have 4 characters I'm playing concurrently. At least 3 of which I want to complete all the way.

The new patch supposedly helped with controls. Especially the tactical camera mode.

Strange to say but I can't wait for DLC.

Last edited by Luvian; 12-18-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Battle control - keyboard and mouse - is a pain.

The game seems worth it so will persevere.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would love to play it if the controls was like the previouse games no ide why they have to change things that working well for other games in the serie !!

Well maybe i try later on again to get "used" to the controls if i have the patience since it IS a good serie but..
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm loving it. The PC controls are an issue, but with some creative key binding, even though I can't map to my extra mouse buttons, it wasn't that bad to get used to; at least, no worse than my constantly burning myself out on games and having to relearn old ones is.

Other pluses:

Recycled areas are a thing of the past. No matter how many caves you go into, they are not "hey, wasn't that rock over there last time" reused.
There are some things I can't go into w/out being spoilery, but overall, I'm having a great time with this game.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

A huge game.

Easy to get lost. Difficult to navigate. Where are all those shards?

Tanking it at the moment but suspect Rouge may be the best way to go eventually.

Overall this is Elder Scrolls meets Bioware and I am enjoying it immensely. Glad there are (so far at least) no time limits on quests.

Greetings too to Robert the Bard.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hiya mate, I forgot to mention how much I'm loving the character creator too:

robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Gonna get a copy too, i keep hearing good things about this game.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #10
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ambushed under trees. Spells going off everywhere. Half hit points down before it's even possible to see what is going on.

Still trying to work out how I can solo this on Nightmare.