Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #131
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Smiling at the somewhat startled young man, Jason couldnt hide that he was glad for the company.

Aye, i would indeed say that its time to find the others. Far past time by my thinking. Your drinking friend is probably drunk, and the old man is probably drinking with him! Who knows what other troubles the others have found? I left our other companion at the gaurdhouse and havent seen him since, i would worry if he wasnt so large, or if he looked less scary.

He pretended to wipe dirt off his shoulder in light of the compliment he had recieved, stood and spun, and sat again, taking a drink of wine.

Thank you, by the way. You dont look quite as stunning yourself, but im sure that, if given time, you would find a way. And you need not worry about me carrying weapons either, they stay sheathed until lives are at stake. My word on it.

His word on it? From a former bandit that doesnt mean much. He silently laughed at himself and stood, flexing out all the kinks and tiredness.

Shall we take our leave?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #132
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Default A pointless cutscreen?

Meanwhile, Isokla was doing what Isokla does best. That is to say, be herself. In any given situation, she holds a knack for maintaining her dignity, and that is exactly what she was doing at the present moment in time.

Faced with several of the Lords of Vision's henchmen, all fairly middle ranking bandit-cum-officer types, and a fair few priestesses (all clad in crimson) of 'the Master', it was no surprise (to those that knew her) that none of them cowed her. Indeed, she cast her regal gaze upon the gathered masses and a good portion of them shrank back; those that did not beheld her with respect, or at the very least, as an equal. Only the ranking priestess attempted to peer down her nose at the silver-haired young woman and that had not the slightest effect on her.

Eventually, Isokla addressed those gathered with a rousing speech that stirred most of them to stare blankly at her as they lost all track of her eloquent and wordy language. Many, it seemed, were not able to follow words that contained four or more syllables; even three was pushing it. She spoke at length of 'the Master', 'His Return' and many and varied unrelated and related things, mostly to do with her displeasure, the state of the camp, banditry, raids on local outposts by non-LoV forces, construction of new outposts and the priestesshood's influence. Finally, she finished with a toast to 'the Master' and those that did not retire, such as Isokla and the other priestesses and highest officers, continued to celebrate long into the night and ended up drunker than Nivram with a cellar full of ale. Hard to imagine.

The priestesses and officers had several private words with Isokla, and some sort of challenge took place with the head priestess eventually surrendering to her second; whether she still breathed after the sun rose was another entirely unrelated matter; who seemed more at ease with Isokla and named her as one of her right hands. Obviously, Isokla had been sent to aid her in renewing their efforts in the region. The officers knew better than to get involved and left shortly thereafter with 'pressing issues' of their own to attend to. Quite wise, really, all things considered.

And so, Isokla got settled in.

Of course, it was possible that the ale was tainted but probably unlikely. After all, when had she had time to spike the barrels? So, when a good number of the men were sick, it wasn't her fault. Unless of course, the excessive drinking could be attributed to her. This time was a coincidence, surely? Lots of coincidences occurred around Isokla. Coincidence? Perhaps.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #133
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

His word on it? From a recent bandit that didn't mean a lot.

"Sure the ladies love a compliment like that." Ydalon remarked as he shrugged his sling higher up his yellow-white shirted shoulder.

"And you're welcome to the blades. The road's got enough danger. Might be the rest can't agree but what's a bit of lawlessness long as you behave?"

The boy scratched his chin, as though the stubble he did such a poor job growing was an irritant. Then he jumped up and led the way outside, turning upside-down the entire settlement in the quest for the reassembly of their group.

To their misfortune, or at least to Ydalon's for Jason might well have been delighted, there was no sign of Nivram. Not even a trail of empty bottles and vomit they might pursue, it was as if a djinn had popped up and whisked him away.
Only into the afternoon did the search come to a halt, and a handful of former companions and new was stood scattered about the village square.

"So then," the boy said as he surveyed them. "Onward to Veridan?"

Last edited by Legolas; 02-24-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #134
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Onward? I suppose if you think thats where they went then yes, to Veridan. Is that where you were supposed to go anyway?

He smiled then, a friendly smile. Extended his hand yonder and bowed.

Maybe we will find a nice enough peice of wood for one of us to make at least a halfway decent bow? Ha! Then what would we do for arrows? Ah well, we will need something to do to pass the time. Tell me of yourself then. For in you i see something the others do not have. Apathy? Compassion? I do not know, but you are a fine man indeed for allowing me to travel with you despite my somewhat sour background.

The sudden thought that he may be rambaling accured to him. So he stopped speaking, waiting for Ydalon to start his life story.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #135
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Good morning she said

Telryn

"That was one mean kitten," Telryn said to himself as he walked down the dirt lane towards the inn, "I'm just glad I saved that lady from it. Good deed for the day complete."

As he got closer to the inn he noticed two familiar faces nearby

"Onward to Veridan?" The young boy asked his companion, the bandit.

"Don't mind if I do," Telryn yelled before grinning at the two males. To Veridan it was, then.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #136
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason, upon seeing Telryn, slowly spread out his hands in a gesture of peace.

The light shine upon you good Telryn, he said with a bow, his hands still outstretched. Im sorry i could not wait for you to finish your tasks before i departed the gaurdhouse, i hope you bear no ill will against me.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #137
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Roll Eyes Forgotten not destroyed

Tod* who had evidently been forgotten (by all but Ydalon**) reflected on his life. Consumed by his own worries, he didn't notice that the others had left already. The non-too-bright one - what was his name? Jesson? Jason? it didn't matter - had been talking and asking foolish questions, but then he wandered off. So, he, Tod, was left to his own devices and was feeling summarily bored. They hadn't even set a guard on him; either they were so confident he wouldn't run off, or they could track him down, or they didn't give a cow's behind about their companion. Were they truly naive enough to believe in 'honour'? Meh. Most likely they just didn't care.

He needed some air. And a drink. He doubted they cared enough to even attempt to work out his 'big secret'. He snorted to himself. Stars above, why did he have a craving for fruit?

Forcing himself to his feet, he pushed his way outside and stared at the town. What a pitiful backwater place. Why, anyone might be doing these folk a favour if they burnt it down... ...after all, wasn't there a streak of places burnt to the ground recently? When the arsonists were caught, they were going to burn. He needed a drink. And an apple. With nowhere else to go, Tod just stepped back inside. "Put it on their tab," he said to the barkeep and downed another ale. What a miserable life.

---
*The bandit hostage exchange from the previous page; Isokla taken and Tod put in her place to assure her safety...
**Post 121, top of page 4

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 02-23-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #138
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Winking Teru is Tumbling In~

Vasili made her way on down the street of this icky little backwater town, wrinkling her nose now and again as she stepped over a puddle or around a sleeping homeless person. One hand clutched at her dress, gathering up the skirts as if afraid the very ground of this place was enough to taint it. The other arm was linked with that of her companion Camilla, and the two giggled and whispered to one another as all little girls are supposed to do when telling secrets or gossiping about that person who passed them by.

As they walked on by the inn, their giggles fell into hush hush again as they overheard a small group of men talking about some place called Veridan. Veridan? Well surely this place wasn't Veridan or else they wouldn't be going on about heading 'onwards' to it. Unless they meant onwards to the town square or something. Blinking, Vasili pursed her lips and looked to Camilla, who shrugged in reply and idly adjusted one of Vasili's locks. Smiling quietly, Vasili frolicked on over to them, skipping past them before turning to face them with a bow. Then, releasing Camilla's arm, Vasili held her accessory-adorned arms out, palm face up to reveal she held nothing. Closing her fists with a bit of a flourish, she extended her right hand now towards the one who appeared to be an even six feet in height.

"Did you drop this?" she inquired in a bit of a teasing drawl; in her palm now were nine coins: four crowns and five pennies.

Last edited by Tumbling Teru; 02-23-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Tumbling Teru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #139
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason turned and started to reply, but lost the words before they even fully left his mouth, making a strange, confused sound. He looked to the coins she was holding, and felt for his belt pouch. How? Not a theif, or else he would have never known.

But he was standing still, and even he wasnt that good.

You are as skilled as you are beautiful my Lady. he said with a bow as he finally found his tongue.

I thank you for the return of my coin as well. He lightly plucked the five pennies and three of the four crowns from her hand and with his other hand, gently closed her fingers around the last coin.
For your talent. Perhaps if we stay in this place one more night i could buy you a drink? he added a wink for emphasis. I must continue making preparations with my companions though, if you will be so kind to excuse me?

Last edited by DrowArchmage; 02-24-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #140
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Of dressing up

Ydalon

"I don't know about you, but I'm prepared. Did anyone find the old guy, or the latest bandit?"

Ydalon wasn't quite ready to blurt out a life story yet, not with a pair of utter strangers 'borrowing' items. The youngling made certain nothing poked out of the well-packed sling.

To Jason:
"Might be you want to stay and get icky with girls and their cooties, but personally? Think they lay it on too thickly. Haave seen dolls looking more lifelike than that one there."

"Any case," Ydalon went on, "I figure if this is the lot of us we'd best leave this dull place behind in a hurry."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote