Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 04:41 AM   #11
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

everyone says sincerity. I suggest you learn to watch people. Most people have a slightly different manner when they're not being sincere. Different voice, different facial expressions, different body movements. etc.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:49 AM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
everyone says sincerity. I suggest you learn to watch people. Most people have a slightly different manner when they're not being sincere. Different voice, different facial expressions, different body movements. etc.

Yes that's true, but sometimes people are very good at pretending to be sincere when they're not. And it's not always comfortable to always be on your guard, to always be suspicious of people. Also it's not always possible to watch their mannerisms, for example chatting on the internet, or speaking on the phone. Of course sometimes insincerity can be picked up, but it would be nice to not have to be always checking and being alert and wondering whether someone was being straight with you, and just have a sixth sense that would always let you know.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:43 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I'd like to be able to sense whether people are telling the truth, either that or being able to sense hostile intentions directed towards me or any of my friends.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:05 PM   #14
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I would like to see about ten seconds into the future or to stop time, I think that either would be cool.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:39 PM   #15
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Definitely a sense of being able to detect the truth would be great, in an expanded sense. For instance, knowing the truth of a statement whether or not the speaker thought it was true. You'd never get wrong information that way. Or in the sense that you could tell when something was wrong with a situation and know whether physical things as well as spoken words etc. were 'real'.

Second pick would be pre-cognition. That would have its advantages too.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:50 PM   #16
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I'd like the ability to read a person's real and suppressed thoughts, as and when I like to. That would help confirm my suspicions as to whether he or she was being sincere.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #17
lavos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what about make people do what you want, i don't want it