Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2003, 05:54 AM   #11
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
IMHO, just because something is vandalism, doesnt mean it cannot be art. if you've ever seen some of the 'mural' type graffiti on some of the blank grey walls while your on a train (im in london, there is alot of it), some of them are nicer than an emtpy wall. though that is not saying much for it, i still think of it as an art. it may even be possible to have the destruction of something itself as art? i suppose it depends on your view of art.
Indeed. Destruction itself is a beautiful thing. There's nothing more exhilerating than to watch a man-made construction decay, tumble and fall.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:05 AM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Indeed. Destruction itself is a beautiful thing. There's nothing more exhilerating than to watch a man-made construction decay, tumble and fall.
True, watching a decommisoned power station be brought down to rubble, the crushing of a scrap car into a square are all exhilerating, but washing sprawl of your back fence is not in any shape or form art, It's vandalism. The destruction of acient stone carvings of hindu gods by the Taliban was not art, it was vandalism.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-13-2003, 06:24 AM   #13
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
True, watching a decommisoned power station be brought down to rubble, the crushing of a scrap car into a square are all exhilerating, but washing sprawl of your back fence is not in any shape or form art, It's vandalism. The destruction of acient stone carvings of hindu gods by the Taliban was not art, it was vandalism.
heh heh. I dunno, those Hindu gods seemed to be squeeling 'help me, help meeeeeeeeeeeeee' as they went down. Looked kinda humourous to me
Old 09-13-2003, 07:09 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
heh heh. I dunno, those Hindu gods seemed to be squeeling 'help me, help meeeeeeeeeeeeee' as they went down. Looked kinda humourous to me [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] and a [img]graemlins/1pokeme.gif[/img] for good measure. But as the NZ warriors just beat the hated bulldogs I may let you off [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #15
The Hierophant

Excellent. I know nothing of rugby league teams, but if their success gets me off the hook then by all means Go The Warriors!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

lol, to me it depends on what the graffitti looks like, gang related, in a soft sense, is ok, but painting things like kill (insert racist words here) is just a form of terroism, but if you are talking about a mural, then yes it is art, there are even some cities that allow this form of expression, to cover up gang slangs
as for trains, other than the fact this train is used in Harry Poter, I would have to say, I would rather set at a crossing looking at graffitti, than to set watching the same ugly brown, black, or blue go past for miles