Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

...well I got new glasses today, My old one broke about 2 months ago and I finally managed to get new ones today and WOW it feels great... finally noticed how terribly dirty my monitor really is.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just for the record I've ot been blind as a bat for the last 2 months, I can see pretty well without them, but using them makes a big diffrence... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes if you need glasses you should definitely have a pair. Otherwise you'll just famage your eyesight even more. Can we get a picture perhaps? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

hmmm, picture... well I don't have any camera at the moment but who knows what the future may hold... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 07:52 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Wow, two months without my glasses, and I would have been dead from some horrible yet preventable accident.

I can share your joy over great vision though! It's been two weeks since my lasic surgery, and I'm definately seeing things in a new light! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Most of the famage from my surgery has healed, and things are looking 20/20, but you know what WillowIX? Looking at my registry still hurts my eyes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-22-2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 08-22-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's wonderful that your surgery was a success, Ronn [img]smile.gif[/img]

And congratulations on getting your new glasses, Jorath [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 06:29 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Wow, two months without my glasses, and I would have been dead from some horrible yet preventable accident.

I can share your joy over great vision though! It's been two weeks since my lasic surgery, and I'm definately seeing things in a new light! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Most of the famage from my surgery has healed, and things are looking 20/20, but you know what WillowIX? Looking at my registry still hurts my eyes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Great Ronn! You didn't tell us the result did you? I'm glad it worked. [img]smile.gif[/img] Are you still sensitive to light? Or has that passed as well?

The registry? Don't look at it. That's what editors are for.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Geez, I am blind as a bat without corrective lenses (I wear contacts). To give an example: when I was in college, I was sitting outside on the quad at about 1am in the summer, just enjoying the evening and peace and quiet. I had already taken my contacts out for the evening and didn't bother to put my glasses on. A guy jogged past me and said good evening as he passed by and I looked at him and said good evening and he ran on. Just a minute later a security guard ran up and asked if a guy had run passed me. I said yes and we wished each other a good evening. I asked the security guard if anything was wrong. He said to me in disbelief: "Wrong? The guy was naked!"

I never noticed. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>