Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-21-2002, 10:48 AM   #11
Vampire

no, that's no,
i personally think it will be the same as IWD1 except for 1 or 2 noewtricks...
nothing new unless u miss good old BG style game...
Old 08-21-2002, 12:20 PM   #12
Encard
Quintesson

*shrug* I'll probably end up borrowing it from a friend who gets it. IWD was a fun game, but... 8shrug*
Old 08-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #13
Feanor
Dungeon Master

btw, does anyone know what the music is going to be like?
I didn't find any info on their site.
I really liked the music in the first IWD and I think it is was one of the few good soundtracks that Jeremy Soule has done since the Total Annihilations'.
(I didn't get excited about the music he wrote for NWN. DS and Morrowind were pretty good though)
Old 08-21-2002, 09:48 PM   #14
Feanor
Dungeon Master

ok, for anyone else that is interested in this...
i did some looking around and the music in IWD II is composed by Inon Zur with some input from Jeremy Soule (to help make it a little more consistent with IWD's i guess)
Inon Zur did the music for BGII: Thrown of Bhaal, so i can't wait to hear it.
I enjoyed the TOB soundtrack immensely.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:14 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*elaborate shrug* Oh, who cares? I'll buy it, my friends are playing it, but it's not gonna beat BGII. But then, what does?
Old 08-22-2002, 04:52 AM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*elaborate shrug* Oh, who cares? I'll buy it, my friends are playing it, but it's not gonna beat BGII. But then, what does?
Tetris
Old 08-22-2002, 06:04 AM   #17
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

*THIS* is the game - the game that will affect my sleep and marriage. I played Dungeon Seige (once) and was mildly amused. I found that since I had become bored with DiabloII that I was bored with Dungeon Seige bvefore I had ever purchased it but didn't know it. My seven-year-old loves playing it with the cheats on though. I bought Neverwinter Nights and enjoyed it tremendously, the first time through, and I intend to download some modules as soon as DSL hits my area. However much better it was that Dungeon Seige, I felt that it wasn't quite as "role-play-ey" as I would like. IWDII will satiate my need I hope. BGII was the best game I have ever played, and I hope Black Isle will keep making D&D games while they have the (limited) liscense. I can't wait to see what the secret "Project Jefferson" turns out to be.

I will have my copy of IWDII the day it arrives to stores.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:11 AM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Is BGII any good, cos you see, I've never played it?. I never managed to get through BG1 - maybe I should pick it up out of the bargain barrel and take another look at it