Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-19-2001, 03:01 PM   #1
madmartigan
The Magister

I can't stand half-elves, but for some reason I like half-orcs!
SO I am going to solo the game with a half-orc fighter/mage/thief or a fighter/mage/assassin (not sure if I can hmmm) and just to spice it up a little I am going to give my mage the spell ability nahals dweamor (wild magic) Now I have to do this with Shadowkeeper but still it's not like I am using ubered items or anything...

Just changing race to one that I like and giving him a funny spell, just wanted to hear your thoughts if you guys think this is cheap or cheating.
Old 07-19-2001, 03:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It does not matter what we think.
Of course, if you wanna have fun, do it the way you want it.
Going by the rules, you are breaking them.
Going by what you want to accomplish in your game, that is what is important.
I would do it the way it is most fun, regardless of what anyone else said.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Old 07-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Whatever you like to do is what matters, Ace...

However, if you want to use Wild Magic, why don't you just go get yourself a copy of ToB?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 07-19-2001, 04:50 PM   #4
trux

like they said, who cares what people on the board think if you have fun playing it that way?

and oh yeah, you won't be able to do the fighter/mage/assasin. can't multiclass with special class kits.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-19-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
Hesperex

personally I would not consider what your propose cheating, thatwild magic can be pretty funny at times.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 07-19-2001, 07:40 PM   #6
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Wouldn't call it cheating, more a process of fleshing out (since Wild Magic is random rather than Godlike). Anyway, i read somewhere that one of the kits can get wild magic (without TOB), if you select something like druid and then let the computer do the picks (apparently it sometimes randomly generates a wild magic spell...)
Old 07-20-2001, 01:47 AM   #7
Ode to a Grasshopper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As a minor point, you'd have to cheat anyway, seeing as Half-Orcs can't be Magi according to the game.
Don't forget the Summon Cow and Drow Transformation spells!
Old 07-20-2001, 03:02 AM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Summon Cow is just too wacky to be fun
But Drow Transformation could be cool...wonder what Adalon would say to that eh?

And I think that it's pretty much accepted to change or modify the game or your character for the sake of role-playing or fun, so don't let anyone talk you out of it!

------------------
Why?
Old 07-20-2001, 08:31 AM   #9
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
like they said, who cares what people on the board think if you have fun playing it that way?

and oh yeah, you won't be able to do the fighter/mage/assasin. can't multiclass with special class kits.

You can with Shadowkeeper. Create the character normally and export it, then go into Shadowkeeper and change the kit to what you want - for an assassin you'll also have to reduce the thieving abilities if you want the "true assassin" experience Next start a new game using the character you've edited. Although the report screen won't list the kit abilities when you hit the "Kit" button, you'll still get them.

Old 07-20-2001, 11:56 AM   #10
Vampire

Doing anything is cheating.
You want us to say if it's justified and I say YES!