Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 01:49 AM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I didn't have Yoshi in my party...I adventured with him for a while, but ended up leaving him at the Copper Coronet. After an extended leave of absence from Athkatla (you know, chasing that idiot Irenicus), I had occasion to return to the lovely inn, and what do I find as soon as I walk in the door? Yoshi dead on the floor! What killed him? Anybody have an explanation? Maybe I should avoid getting takeout from that place...
Old 03-08-2001, 01:55 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

This is normal, so don't panic yet.

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
If you follow along the story and have Yoshi in your party in Chp 4, you will realize that he is working for Jon all along!! But that's not all, Jon has an insurance to ensure 100% loyalty as all his thugs (Yoshi included) have a geas casted in them. To keep things short, Yoshi will have to fight you even though he doesn't really want to, and unless you did the (save Yoshi) trick, you will have to kill him and bring his heart to Temple of Ilmater and "release" his soul from Jon.

More SPOILER: (how to save Yoshi)
>
>
>
>
To save Yoshi, remove him from your party before entering Spellhold, preferrable to leave him in an inn near the door. Once you are out of the Spellhold, head to the inn and immediate (upon entrance) talk to Yoshi. Get Yoshi to join up and as soon as this happens, he will die due to the geas. All you have to do now is resurrect him (spell, scroll, or temple) and he is as good as new!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 01:58 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Also, make sure you drop Yoshi off at an inn that is accessible. His death is only triggered when you enter into an area where he is residing after the whole Spellhold drama.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 02:12 AM   #4
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you...I may need this info when I play again as a more neutral (evil) party. I guess it shouldn't surprise me...it seems like the NPCs are often kidnapped, killed, possessed, cursed or otherwise compromised on a fairly regular basis by outside forces over which I have no control, no matter how powerful I become...very humbling, really.

[This message has been edited by White Knight (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 04:05 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Humbling or just annoying? It makes the game seem so inflexible when everyone has plot immunity/fatality (I Couldn't save Coran from the werewolves for instance)

Old 03-08-2001, 05:37 AM   #6
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Coran was just a whiner.

Who cares about him...

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-08-2001, 07:26 AM   #7
Lord Shield

In BG1, he was tops! Besides, the worst whiner is Aerie I reckon

Old 03-08-2001, 02:17 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You can actually save Coran, you can initiate another dialogue with him once all Wolfweres are "destroyed". It is important to get your tanks to block Coran as soon as the conversation ends between him and the wolf-lady.

Hmmm...then again, you can [ctrl] + [y] all the wolfweres....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 02:20 PM   #9
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
In BG1, he was tops! Besides, the worst whiner is Aerie I reckon
I'm sorry LoA, I must disagree the worst Whiner is anomen......

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 03:07 PM   #10
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Just FYI about Yoshi -

I never had him in my party, but I did search his body when he died in front of me at the Coronet. There was no heart to bring to the Temple to save him.

Who knows why - perhaps it's because I never had him in my group in the first place?