Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-04-2001, 03:04 PM   #1
G.W.

Stats: +2 THACO, +2 damage, 20 charges of fireshield, 20 charges of summon (lesser?) fire elemental. This is a pretty incredible item to give to your main tank, if only to hold for the charges, and it is found planar sphere quest. Fireshield is powerful because you can cast fireballs carelessly at the enemy without fear of much damage.

Old 01-04-2001, 03:24 PM   #2
Cleric
Welcomed New User

Do this staff realy exist ???
Old 01-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

I do not know if this will work for you but I exhausted all the summon charges and when I went to sell it they offered 800000 gp for it.

Old 01-04-2001, 03:39 PM   #4
One ANGRY lil' man

Overpowered HAH look at the staff of domination 20 charges of domination and I think 2+ thaco and +2 damage.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:24 PM   #5
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

we are beast so that we aren't be beast
hm your latin isn't great

anyways
a real overpowerd weapon is the crom feayr
Old 01-04-2001, 05:32 PM   #6
Ertai, Wizard Adept

There are 3 elemental staffs- air, fire and earth, as well as 3 elemental control rings.

And I think the most overpowered weapon in the game is the staff of the magi. Have you realized that wielding it your mage is UNKILLABLE in MP games ?? Just stand invisible forever, cast some spells and become invisible again. Combined with the robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power to shorten your casting times, IT ROCKS.
Another overpowered weapon is a sword i found in shadowkeeper, called something like blackarm. 25% probability to : drain level, increase strenght by 2, haste yourself and something more. Dual wielding it ROCKS.

Old 08-10-2001, 10:05 AM   #7
Scooty69
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So where are all these staffs located?
Old 08-10-2001, 02:04 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai, Wizard Adept:
There are 3 elemental staffs- air, fire and earth, as well as 3 elemental control rings.

And I think the most overpowered weapon in the game is the staff of the magi. Have you realized that wielding it your mage is UNKILLABLE in MP games ?? Just stand invisible forever, cast some spells and become invisible again. Combined with the robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power to shorten your casting times, IT ROCKS.
Another overpowered weapon is a sword i found in shadowkeeper, called something like blackarm. 25% probability to : drain level, increase strenght by 2, haste yourself and something more. Dual wielding it ROCKS.
There are the occasional few creatures that can see through invisibility - anything with the ability to cast true sight, beholderkin, those damn kua-toa... but yes. Without a doubt, one of the most powerful weapons in the game - odd, because a mage would very rarely use it to hit stuff.

As to the overpowered sword, sounds like Blackrazor +3, an exceptionally powerful longsword. If you play the game properly, though, you only recieve it very, very late in the game, and you probably will never get to use it.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:55 PM   #9
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Funny that people still post about how over powered the crom faeyr is. I mean I adore the thing. and in the start of the game when you need alot of punch in melee it would be sweat but I would not say its overpowered. You get it late in the game and your party is very strong by then. IMHO there are many more items that are much stronger. Robe of vecna,ring of gaxx, staff of magi these items can have a huge impact on the character using them if used properly. Heh robe of vecna can be store bought. Now when you talk about over powered items thats one I would put on that list due to the ease of getting it compared to its strength.
Old 08-11-2001, 07:06 AM   #10
JimJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Robe of Vecna? Staff of Magi? Where are these things? I think I've been everywhere and I haven't seen these. Are these only in the collector's edition?