Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #41
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, NEW PROBLEM.

I click the update button to try to update to the newest (1.62?) version. My computer starts downloading a 30+ MB file from the internet, and NEVER finishes.

I can't play certain mods without this latest update.

I have a flash drive that can hold the program, and I could download it to the drive at work. But (1) how/where can I get it, and (2) then how can I update NWN (i.e. install it)? (Because I won't be hitting the "update" button of course).
Old 03-30-2004, 01:39 AM   #42
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Okay, NEW PROBLEM.

I click the update button to try to update to the newest (1.62?) version. My computer starts downloading a 30+ MB file from the internet, and NEVER finishes.

I have a flash drive that can hold the program, and I could download it to the drive at work. But (1) how/where can I get it, and (2) then how can I update NWN (i.e. install it)? (Because I won't be hitting the "update" button of course).
http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html

Find your patch file here based on which expansion pak you have and follow the instructions. You can put the Critical rebuild pacth on your flash drive and then take it home and install it.

You actually still use the update button, but you'll want to be offline when you do. If you follow the directions and put the manual patch file in the right directory, pressing the update button will find the patch file on your hard drive and istall it normally.

Ive done this before, it is fairly easy and it works. Just follow the instructions that come with the patch download. If you need any help. just ask of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 05:04 AM   #43
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Okay, NEW PROBLEM.

I'd still look into why it won't let you...It seems odd to me but is not uncommon to hear about in the technical forums over at Bioware. Do post a message there even if you're fine with it as it could be a well-known issue I've just never had, y'know.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #44
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, Chewie, I'll check out the link. SpiritWarrior, I'm not going to bother them with the problems of someone who had dial-up. 30MB's with dialup? -- It's a silly proposition at the outset.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:40 AM   #45
andrewas
Harper

With HotU installed, that update is 3Mb. Or smaller. I forget. But the reason its so big is that its got part of the HotU content in it for compatability reasons.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM   #46
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I never understand why dial-up get's such a bad rep. I played for ages with dial-up and 30 mb isn't actually that much. I have downloaded up to 550 mb at one time on dial-up so 30mb would take you about 1-2 hours (start it when you go out somewhere and come back then It's done).

I have patched NWN's with dial-up and pretty recently too when my cable went down for 2 months. It isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:09 PM   #47
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, I let it run for a few hours, and the installation never finished. It got close, and then stuck for 30 mins near the end. Plus, I find that as the years go by I simply have less patience with technology. If it isn't easy to learn, simple to use, and really helpful, I have no time for it.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:41 PM   #48
Djinn Raffo
Ra

If you are a fan of skills and feats go for a character with a bit of a higher intelligence. Doesn't help with the feats but gives you extra points for skills.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:24 PM   #49
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, I made a character of Int 8 and immediately quit after I got my first dialogue option.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:44 PM   #50
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Well, I made a character of Int 8 and immediately quit after I got my first dialogue option.
I did the same thing the first time i played!
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote