Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #31
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:

and if you think a class combination is absurd, dont use it! let others have their fun, not everyone is a roleplayer...too many complaints to reply to, aaaaargh!
Yes, but apparently the strength of NWN is in multiplayer, so we will have to put up with a powergamer Barbarian/Monk/Assassin/Mage/Palladin/Druid. Won't we. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]nope, multiclassing is limited to 3 classes...its in the manual [img]tongue.gif[/img]

there is a whole different set of servers for roleplaying only, if you dont like powergamers. and i dont see how having a 6 class character would be considered powergaming because they would never get the better class feats, and ultimately suck, which is the opposite of what a powergamer wants [img]smile.gif[/img]

about your complaints about the voices...uhh....*shrug* ... but you shouldnt let something as trivial as that to affect your opinion of the game. i hardly ever hear my character talk anyway.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:57 PM   #32
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, I've grown fond of the game (though I still think it has its bad points, like only one henchman and not being able to give the henchman items). I do notice that you level up rather quickly as compared to the pnp game, but that is more to give that satisfaction of advancing in the game.

For me, I was playing the pnp game before this game came out, so for me the feat and skill systems were not hard at all. However, for a new player, especially one who likes to just dive right in, it can be really confusing. The new system is designed around maximum flexibility in building your character; as in most cases, the more options you give the more complex it becomes. My recommendation is to sit down with the manual and a piece of paper, and come up with a character concept (elven archer, dwarven warrior wielding battleaxe, human sorcerer mostly wielding offensive magic, etc.). After you have a general idea what you want to play, page through the skills and feats, picking out the ones that make sense for the type of character you are playing. For example, if you want to be an elven archer, feats like Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Longbow), and the like make a lot of sense. Once you figure out what to take, then figure out when you get feats (usually at first and every third level) and figure out in what order you want to take them. Do the same for skills (what skills do I want to work on for this character?). You can always change your mind later, but at least this gives you a conceptual framework to work with. It also increases your involvement with the character right from the beginning, which will help increase the entertaiment value of the game.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 07-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #33
Elric of Scotland
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just a note about the gypsy point. I personally don't feel that this is a race issue think it was focusing more on the nomadic aspect of the character you may want to play...if i remember right there was no mention of the romany people.Also if you decide to play as a rogue can't your allinment be lawfully good?.....can't see how this is a negative thing....remember this is a rogue not a thief.....the mental picture thowen up by the two words are different....a rogue to me always reminds me of the old swashbuckling errol flynn movies which incidently are magic the rogue would be to me like a robin hood type....whereas a thief would be some one who just steals for themselfs...without any thought to whom they were stealing from.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #34
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok gypsies are rogue stereotype. orcs are dumb. paladins are lawful good. and on and on and on.there could be dumb elfs or humans but theyve stereotyped the orcs as being the stupid ones. calling all orcs time to break out the law.youve been branded stupid.it a game a fantasy its not real its like religion you have to believe in it to make it worth following.lets have someone make a mod game where everyone is all fallen palis just to see which one can wreak the most havoc in the campaign.break the norm.give the ranger a freakin great axe or something. lighten up its a game. to play the game and say OMG they have stereotyped the gypsy.

someone isnt being openminded to the actual whole game.i know im getting a little outta hand here but dont judge the game based on one stupid little thing.base it on actually playing it all the way thru. give it its strong points and its weak points then weigh it out.
when i first got the game i was confused cause it was nothing like BG2 and i didnt like it for that. but then i started playing the game(you know past the prologue) and i really started to enjoy the games uniqueness.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:09 PM   #35
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Megabot, you're entitled to your opinion, but this very statement makes it impossible for anyone to take your opinion seriously. It's like watching the 1st minute of a movie and saying the movie is crap based on that.

Or getting behind the wheel of a car, driving for 20 metres in a straight line in second gear, then saying that the car doesn't handle well.

Assuming you're old enough to drive, that is.
Okay i have installed the game again and i have played it for 1 houer and i still hate it so now i kill it again i have give it an chance but no way it is horrible i think and thats it! ;( grrr booger game i think whata seriusly garbage of an game i go back to Morrowind and Renegade! offff!

Yeah and i think i am older than you anyway Mem so i drive this car maby 200 meters and i have been stoped by the booger in this crapy game! And maby this IS seriously for you Mem!

Quote:
Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks! Then lets hire about 50 people who say through the net that NwN is the best game theyve ever played! Then release your mod which will suck EVEN MORE than the official campaign! At that time, everybody will have such a pathetic game like NwN, BioWare will make billions and everybody will hate it! muwahahahahahaa!

i love NwN . though im still at chapter 1 and havent gone anywhere..
And let me put an "nuke" in your head and wipe you out in to the space USS there you can dance with the boogers! lol

[ 07-06-2002, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-07-2002, 01:18 AM   #36
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

im sorry that last line that megabot posted sounded like it came from a 10 year old.
if so pong is on the atari coleco setup go play that maybe more to your liking and level
Old 07-07-2002, 01:42 AM   #37
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks!
I know that you meant this as a joke uss, but jokes about killing people aren't funny, especially when you name names. Please don't do this again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I apologize to Memnoch an Ziroc for this "minimodding" but I felt it had to be said [img]smile.gif[/img]

Megabot, I'm glad you tried it again and I'm sorry that you feel ripped off. The only thing I can think of is that if you don't have the english version of the game that maybe some of the storyline is lost in the translation?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:02 AM   #38
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
ok gypsies are rogue stereotype. orcs are dumb. paladins are lawful good. and on and on and on.there could be dumb elfs or humans but theyve stereotyped the orcs as being the stupid ones. calling all orcs time to break out the law.youve been branded stupid..
Are we living on the same planet here? Let me remind you.
1.Orcs don't exist
2.Elves don't exist
3.A Palladin is a fictional PROFESSION not race.
4.Gypsies, or Romanies as they are being renamed, are REAL PEOPLE. NO DIFFERENT TO JEWS OR GERMANS OR AMERICANS OR CELTS OR ZULUS.

As such to label them as a mere character CLASS (not race) that emphasises thieving skills is racist. Pure and simple. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-07-2002, 02:05 AM   #39
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Elric of Scotland:
just a note about the gypsy point. I personally don't feel that this is a race issue think it was focusing more on the nomadic aspect of the character you may want to play...if i remember right there was no mention of the romany people.Also if you decide to play as a rogue can't your allinment be lawfully good?.....can't see how this is a negative thing....remember this is a rogue not a thief.....the mental picture thowen up by the two words are different....a rogue to me always reminds me of the old swashbuckling errol flynn movies which incidently are magic the rogue would be to me like a robin hood type....whereas a thief would be some one who just steals for themselfs...without any thought to whom they were stealing from.
Given that what you're saying is correct, it's still erronious to have them as a class instead of race. A Gypsie could be a minstral or whatever they liked.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-07-2002, 02:22 AM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Okay i have installed the game again and i have played it for 1 houer and i still hate it so now i kill it again i have give it an chance but no way it is horrible i think and thats it! ;( grrr booger game i think whata seriusly garbage of an game i go back to Morrowind and Renegade! offff!
OK, at least you gave it at least an hour. Sorry to hear that you wasted your money - I guess we won't see you around the NWN forum as much as we would have liked, eh - see you at the Morrowind forum.

Quote:
Yeah and i think i am older than you anyway Mem so i drive this car maby 200 meters and i have been stoped by the booger in this crapy game! And maby this IS seriously for you Mem!

quote:
Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks! Then lets hire about 50 people who say through the net that NwN is the best game theyve ever played! Then release your mod which will suck EVEN MORE than the official campaign! At that time, everybody will have such a pathetic game like NwN, BioWare will make billions and everybody will hate it! muwahahahahahaa!

i love NwN . though im still at chapter 1 and havent gone anywhere..
And let me put an "nuke" in your head and wipe you out in to the space USS there you can dance with the boogers! lol[/QUOTE]You sure you're older than me? I'm 28, not 10 by the way.

Closed Thread