Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-13-2002, 01:39 AM   #31
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I didn't do that, but still klauth was easy.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 08:47 AM   #32
Evergreene
The Magister

Wow killed klauth.. he was TOUGH even with having eaten the dead dragon globe. I had to reload about 6 times! I got him to nearly dead then something. I really had to bring out my top spells to bring him down, and ended up using almost everything i had! Level 18 cleric!
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #33
AndyG
Elminster

Well, Klauth is an ancient red dragon. It should take everything you've got to beat him.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:20 PM   #34
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

then how about fighting two dragons at the same time on chapter 4?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:37 PM   #35
AndyG
Elminster

Contains some spoilers....

If you're not a true D&D addict, you may not know the difficulty ratings of dragons. They are :

Good Evil
---- ----
Brass White
Copper Green
Bronze Black
Silver Blue
Gold Red

So, fighting a corrupted Copper and corrupted Silver should be tough, but fighting a Red should be really tough. There were also age rankings, with the older dragons being stronger. We never really know how old those two guardian dragons are. If they've been in stasis with Morag, they may not be that old... Klauth is as ancient as they get.

This all may have changed some in D&D 3rd edition, I haven't played much since first edition.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 05:25 PM   #36
Nerull
Lord Ao

How do you fix the amulet? I found it after I killed him. In fact, I was VERY disappointed with the ease of that fight. Not one person in the party lost a single hit point, and we had him down to Badly Injured before I decided to cast Harm on him. I guess Gating in a Balor makes a difference, but that much? I was shocked at how tiny the dragon was! I didn't know if I wanted to fight it or sit it on my lap and pet it! And we only got 272xp for him. I buffed like crazy for the fight, but still I'd expect a much harder fight from a dragon!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote