Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 02:44 PM   #61
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

How much are chainmail and plate in the PnP game. I have the Players' Guide, I'll look in there. Boy, it may seem cheap now, but I had to kill a lot of skeletons and gibberlings in BG to get my first Plate. And then found that Antheg plate in a plowed field!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:46 PM   #62
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:
Sorry Wolfgir. No luck converting me to the ways of the chain mail. That 40 pounds of weight are just too much for me. No use in slowing your character down twice. Once for the medium armor and once for the weight.

By the time you've saved up enough money to buy full plate you should be able to sell your current armor with a light heart. So the skipping from light armor to heavy armor seems like a good idea to me.

You had it right the first time Galadria. Dex now adds to AC. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Everything is all confus-ed when you're first learning the system. Makes sense after a while though.

The idea of a man in shining full plate is certain an amusing one. Didn't Lancelot crawl over a sword blade bridge while rescuing Guneivere (misspelled) in the boys king arthur? That must have been something to see.

DeSoya
Well you donīt get the double movement thing since it is states a top speed which you already have, so you donīt loose to the encumbrence. The chainmail only cause it is cheaper then the Breastplate. (Medium load max dex=+3, 30 feet movement =20 feet, Run x4)

Yep he did pull that one off!

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:57 PM   #63
DeSoya
Manshoon

Oh that's right. Duhr. You only get slowed down more if you have heavy encumbrance. Right? At least that's the way I think it works.

Addendumb to my previous message. Meant to say that the image of a man in shining plate mail walking a tight rope is a funny one.

Full plate costs 1500 GP, Galadria. So start saving now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DeSoya
Old 05-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #64
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

"Full Plate and packing steel" as Minsc would say. 1500 is about the same as Full Plate in BG, if you could buy it, which you can't. To have the smith make you Antheg Plate costs 3000 GP. The Assassin at the Cloakwood mines, you know, the one who says that he's going to make a puppet of your head and make it say that has a set. Off-topic, I know, but one of my favorite moments in BG.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:51 PM   #65
DeSoya
Manshoon

Well don't hurt me, but I've never played any of the BG series.
Am I correct by remembering that Icewindale is set with 3rd edition rules?

Depends on your DM as to whether you'll be able to buy Full Plate. At least in the multiplayer thingy. Now I'd better just leave it at that before Wolfgir and I start ruckesing about armor again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DeSoya
Old 05-16-2002, 02:12 PM   #66
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Desoya, I thought it was a most illuminating discussion that you and Wolfie had. You've never played BG or BGII? Wow, you are lucky. I wish that I hadn't, so that I could play them for the first time, now.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:25 AM   #67
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:
Well don't hurt me, but I've never played any of the BG series.
Am I correct by remembering that Icewindale is set with 3rd edition rules?

Depends on your DM as to whether you'll be able to buy Full Plate. At least in the multiplayer thingy. Now I'd better just leave it at that before Wolfgir and I start ruckesing about armor again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DeSoya
Iīm gonna get you for that plate comment! (kidding)
I really enjoyed this discussion DeSoya, it is always good to challenge your way of gameplay, thats how we found out that the buckler in the 3:ed was one of the best shields in the game!!

So it is always enjoying to debate these thing in such a friendly and informative way. (As a result our group has agreed on never to allow a magic item being a scalemail anymore! ) Hehe!

IWD is not 3:ed, itīs a 2:ed interface based game. IWD2 will have alot of the 3:Ed fules infleunced to it and hopefully will lead to an interesting gameplay.

If you havenīt played the BG games, you should at least check them out!

Good luck!

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote