Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-11-2002, 01:52 PM   #81
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Speak for yourself...

I am and will...but I'll also say what I think other people are doing and I think that many people are out to do only that.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-11-2002, 01:52 PM   #82
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

Well, what I meant was was acctually that according to the biology, the meaning of life is spreading genes.
AND, about that girl. Her task isn't finished before she has also raised the child, and perhaps even got some new ones. That is how mankind does; taking care of their cubs.

- so I ask again: that's all there is to life? spreading genes? The why don't we abolish all art, music, culture, industry etc and concentrate on food production to feed our offspring. Let's ban birthcontrol altogether, shall we? After all, all we're here for is procreation.
- well, after the first kid is born, she has spread her genes right? She's produced offspring. According to your theory, she fulfilled the meaning of life. And even if she would get raped thrice more and raise all four kids before she died, would you say her purpose was fulfilled?
Old 01-11-2002, 01:56 PM   #83
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:

- so I ask again: that's all there is to life? spreading genes? The why don't we abolish all art, music, culture, industry etc and concentrate on food production to feed our offspring. Let's ban birthcontrol altogether, shall we? After all, all we're here for is procreation.
- well, after the first kid is born, she has spread her genes right? She's produced offspring. According to your theory, she fulfilled the meaning of life. And even if she would get raped thrice more and raise all four kids before she died, would you say her purpose was fulfilled?

Chill out for a bit Mel, what Istaron is saying that the primal instinct in all/(most?) animals, inc. humans is to reproduce and their topmost priority in life is to produce offspring. Humans have developed beyond this obviously, and I think Istaron is taking his school Biology lessons too seriously
Old 01-11-2002, 01:57 PM   #84
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

I am and will...but I'll also say what I think other people are doing and I think that many people are out to do only that.

You are right - but not all of them are, that's what I was saying. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 01:59 PM   #85
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Hoo Doggy!! Ah sho nuff am glad ah never joined this "discussion".

Try not to scream too loudly. Ahm over here takin my nap.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:59 PM   #86
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:

Chill out for a bit Mel, what Istaron is saying that the primal instinct in all/(most?) animals, inc. humans is to reproduce and their topmost priority in life is to produce offspring. Humans have developed beyond this obviously, and I think Istaron is taking his school Biology lessons too seriously

I know - that's what I'm trying to convey here. I know that a species needs to procreate in order to survive, but that can never be a reason to condemn homosexuality.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:09 PM   #87
Istaron
Banned User

quote:

I know - that's what I'm trying to convey here. I know that a species needs to procreate in order to survive, but that can never be a reason to condemn homosexuality.

oookaaay... I think doing it in the ass is disgusting
Old 01-11-2002, 02:11 PM   #88
Istaron
Banned User

quote:

You can NEVER take sience too seriously!
Ghaaaa! *hysterical laughter*
Old 01-11-2002, 02:11 PM   #89
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

oookaaay... I think doing it in the ass is disgusting

amen, my brother. That was deep. It brought a chuckle to my frame and a tear to my eye. thanks for the laugh!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:18 PM   #90
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:

True.
But there are other reasons to condemn it (other than the fact that it makes my stomach churn to see 2 blokes "together")....also it depends what you mean by condemn. As I stated earlier, I believe that we should live and let live but it doesn't stop me from having different opinions about homo and heterosexuals. What I believe is that it is a bit like an illness of sorts- a hormonal disorder- natural is heterosexual and normally in this case I would say, yes they are just as valuable people as heterosexuals and so we should care for them and help them but of course, they don't want to be helped as in their and most people's opinion it is not a disorder. So saying it's a disorder (disease is far too strong a word)...is that like condemning it? I dunno. Anyway I think it was you Mel that said that it occurs naturally so it is all natural and good but leprosy occurs naturally, biological viruses occur naturally, as do many diseases and they are not "good".
Back to the original question about acceptance in law/poltics, as I said before, because they are just as valuable as a person, homosexuals should get the same basic human rights, but they should NOT get the same rights to purely heterosexual things like marriage and child-raising. Just because the meaning of marriage has degraded due to people not taking it seriously, gay marriages are still taking the piss out of everything marriage is supposed to be. Maybe there should be a new type of "union" that allows gays to inherit things from their partners (and other such financial laws), but this should be a completely seperate set of rules to a traditional marriage.