Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 01:50 PM   #21
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, Cerek. If he was as bad as that, maybe he was just (justifiably) lonesome, heard some people having fun, and just drifted in. About the guy I told you about, a fellow I used to game with read my post (He lurks, and knows my screen name, since he watched me posting one time)and phoned me. He told me that the guy(Nazi boy) had shown up at another dungeon that he had played and pulled the same stuff, even down to the rape, and the DMs had hit them with 40(!)viking berserkers in the next instant. They all, including Himmler and my friend's character, got killed. So it seems he had some sort of problem.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-13-2001, 03:56 PM   #22
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Galadria,

ANYBODY that is into the Nazi scene like that has got problems IMHO.

As for our guy, he was already in the room when most of us showed up. He was there BEFORE the game started. I had seen him on campus and took an INSTANT DISLIKE for him (which is very odd for me). He was - without a doubt - THE most rude, crude, and socially unacceptable person I had ever met.

However, a couple of years toned down my harsh feelings. I learned that he had had a REALLY crappy childhood and had become an alcoholic. I guess he had been hurt so much that he automatically lashed out at anything and everything - hurt them before they hurt him type of thing.

I kept in touch with him for awhile after graduation. He joined A.A. and became sober. I also witnessed to him in my letters and he was receptive to that.

The last I heard of him, his personality had not improved drastically. He still has SUCH a need to be accepted and liked that he just CLINGS to anybody around. I feel sorry for him now that I understand his situation better. I haven't seen him in many years, but I still keep him in my prayers.

That's the best I can do for him now.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:34 PM   #23
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Cerek, as a friend of mine liked to say, that'll be a star in your crown. Keep the faith.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-14-2001, 01:53 PM   #24
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Aaaahh...you're gonna make me blush, Galadria

Cerek(in gruff,manly voice) "I am NOT blushing. My cheeks are just naturally ruddy!".

I sincerely appreciate your comments. But we seemed to have strayed off the topic a bit, so let's get back to that. Here is another GREAT moment from our Hyborean campaign.

When our characters reached 8-10 level, the DM basically made us the ruling body of a small town. My ranger was the mayor and our cleric had established a temple. My roommate's druid had been forced to switch to cleric after a resurrection, so he helped run the temple.

The DM's roommate played a mage in our campaign. The only problem is that he never played on a regular basis and he had NO idea what ANY of the spells did. Fortunately, the results of his "spellcasting" attempts were usually more humorous than harmful.

The DM tried to help him out by giving him a Staff of Power (or Magi, never did figure out which one). The staff would release a 10d6 fireball whenever the "command word" BLAST was spoken. The catch was that the PLAYER had a bad habit of saying "Well, Blast" whenever something bad happened. This led to the following encounter.

The mage decided to go up to the temple and invite his adventuring buddies to the tavern for a brew. The clerics met him in the foyer of the temple (a standard 10'x10' room) and said they couldn't go because they were conducting a ceremony. Try as he might, the mage simply could not convince the clerics to blow off the ceremony and join him. When the head cleric became a became impatient with him, the mage rapped his staff on the floor and said "Well BLAST".

None of the characters were killed. They just ended up looking like the 3 Stooges right after a big explosion.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:35 PM   #25
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Galadria, I assume your DM had a rule against pk-ing? otherwise any of the paladins I've played, and most of the other characters (usually dwarves) would have had his head on a pike with-in five minutes of meeting him, but I was roflmao when I read the poetic justice.

We had one guy join us once, who insisted he play a drow priest, I was playing a gnome illusionist at the time, and an earthquake ripped through the area, the drow was freaking out about minions of Lolth coming after him, so I cast phantasmal force (it has a huge area of effect) and covered up the rift that had opened, telling him that everything was fixed. He eventually met his end when he pissed off the rest of the party, and the female(never wear unidentified girdles) Minotaur mage(with a carapace- we called her a minosect) and his familiar monkey (Chronic the Hemphog- yes the familiar was a pot head) used him to shield them from his wand of wonder as he tried to use it to pop open a magically barred door (one flying rhino and fireball later there were pieces of drow everywhere, except on the Minosect.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:02 PM   #26
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Here is a humerous example of our regular gaming nights...

In our group we have a fellow who could rightly be said to be a gnome.
Fulcrum Bouyhopper the 2nd (because he has been resurrected once already). He is a Gnome Mage/Arcane Trickster.
Several weeks ago while touring the "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil" our group was passing down a corridor.

Fulcrum: presses his ear to a door and listens intently.
DM: rolls the dice..."You hear nothing."
Fulcrum: (remembers to check for traps this time) finds none.
Fulcrum: "ok I open the door with my wand of Knocks."
DM:"ok the door swings open. It wasn't locked. Inside you see a bedroom. There are rugs on the floor, a bed and a wardrobe."

(Note: At the mention of wardrobe the player "J" for now, squeals with delight.)

Fulcrum:"OOHH! I read a book about this once!. I run over to the wardrobe open the doors climb in and close them behind me! Where do I go?!"
DM: Well I'm sure the Spectre is just fine with that.

(Note: The group falls apart laughing and J squeals in dismay.)

DM: "But lets take this one step at a time. You open the doors and set off the Icy Burst Trap. Save."
J: rolls a d20 and groans. "I don't suppose a 10 will do it?"
DM: "Um ... No. You take twenty three points of cold damage. Now roll initiative." The DM wins handily. "Now the Spectre leans out and pimp slaps you."
J: "Damn, I can take it."

By the time this little combat ended Fulcrum had lost all but 4 hit points and was down several levels. He also had one chilly but angry Paladin behind him. The rest of us...knowing J, were safety behind the wall down the hallway, laughing our butts off.

And so yet another episode of Fulcrum Bouyhopper the 2nd comes to an end.