Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #41
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 8,2009

Evening all.
I'm sitting at home with cramp, mildly s**ting myself as I wait for an answer to a text, after which I have to send one and then wait for ANOTHER answer and then I know if I can have a darn good cry and hate myself or not.

Fun times, eh?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #42
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Don't hate yourself. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not your fault. Blame everybody else.
What exactly is the problem, if you don't mind my asking? You don't have to answer that.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:53 AM   #43
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I had to ask a question to my boyfriend, and if the answer was yes I would have gone around hating myself, but if it was no then I would have been a lot happier in general.

Fortunatly, it was a no. I still had a good cry, but it was more the relieved kind than anything. I'd been getting ready to burst into tears for about an hour, so it was kind of inevitable.

Thanks for your concern Wolf Rider.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #44
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Your welcome, DS.

How are we all? Keeping well?

Just a minor, completely irrelevant and unimportant update: I am about to send my Xbox 360 to Microsoft, so I am very happy. No more will nights be filled with emptiness. Now the sweet sound of battle from Halo and Assassin's Creed will resound throughout the neighbourhood!

Well, maybe not the neighbourhood, but my place, anyway.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #45
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Man.... you get worked up for a good cry, and then can't use it Glad it worked out that way, DS.

Back from a weekend of camping that included a torrential thunderstorm, two cars with dead batteries at the same time, and a marauding raccoon intent on changing our menu plans for the weekend. All were outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #46
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Hello All just stopped in to say hello. Been working and Working and working.
Paid off my house, Bought a new Ford F350 and Just loving life hope your all well. Waiting for DRAGON AGE to come out this August Got to play the Demo at E-3 It's Baldur's Gate 3-D plus and it's going to be the best single player game in a while. see Ya all when it's out TCB
Old 07-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #47
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Glad to hear you're having a good time of it, CrimsonBlade.
Bung - Camping sounds an, experience, to say the least. I would have eaten the raccoon though.

Its nearly 3am and I've decided I'm going back to counselling next year (however due to living a long way from the Nuffield next year I might give email counselling a shot), and I have just found a book from both my and my mum's childhoods called "Shy the Platypus".
The platypus is both a funny and cute animal. Nothing more endearing than seeing a bloke hold one and it kind of peeping out over his hands. Aaaaw.

So I plan on curling up in bed, reading it, and generally trying to have a good time. Even though things with a housemate for the next year are already going bad (silly man has decided to develop a crush on me. I am hoping he will get over it, as I do not like seeing him unhappy, he is a nice, if odd, bloke).

Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #48
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Dragonshadow I hope your year gets better. my advice to you about your room mate is, set him straight right off and let him Know where you stand and that he'll need to live with your wishes. Take care and have a good second half of the year
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #49
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I thought about taking out the raccoon, DS... but being in a state park and unarmed, I was a little concerned about ending up on *his* menu... he was a well-fed critter

I've got a few different books that are good old friends to go back with... currently rereading some of PN Elrod's Vampire Files books. None of that nicey-nice Twilight stuff... vampire gangsters in 1920's Chicago... great stuff! What kind of book is Shy the Platypus?

Good luck on the roomie. Is this his place that you're renting, or are you co-equal renters? That dynamic makes a big difference...

On the fun side, our local minor league baseball team is going to be featured on Man Vs Food. They've got a huge hamburger, and the host of the show is going to try to eat it. Details here: http://www.whitecaps-baseball.com/BLOGS/?p=847

Going to go to the game tonight with the kids... my 12-year-old daughter may actually be able to manage that monster burger, given a bit of prep time. That is, we're going unless those thunderstorms hit...

Brief bit on the burger:

-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.

Last edited by Bungleau; 07-15-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #50
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimsomBlade View Post
Dragonshadow I hope your year gets better. my advice to you about your room mate is, set him straight right off and let him Know where you stand and that he'll need to live with your wishes. Take care and have a good second half of the year
I plan on having a chat with him and letting him know it isn't going to happen, but that I still want to remain friends with him, if possible.

Shy the Playtus is one of those books you're read when you are little, about a baby platypus growing up, getting caught and made into a pet, escaping and having babay platypi. Plus it has amazingly cute pictures.