Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #21
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Now all i need is to figure out how to get paid for drinking beer, and my life is set!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Now all i need is to figure out how to get paid for drinking beer, and my life is set!
Actually, that is possible. The other day i read an ad from Heineken, it said they were looking for 40 people who would be willing to come to the breweries 2 or 3 times a week for a period of 2 years, to taste beer and write their thoughts down. It's for marketing research. You'll be picked up at home with a cab, and brought back when done. It's not a big fat paycheck of course, and you won't be allowed to drink yourself silly but merely take a few sips, but it IS getting paid for drinking beer.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #23
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Griefmaker:
And my wife said that "paddling my parsnip" (great refernece!) was only good for going blind and getting hairy palms! Who knew that this partucular hobby could be turned into a lucrative career? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Not only that, but if you're in the UK you're being a good citizen too!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #24
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Heroism? paychecks? Parsnip Paddling? Could this get any better???
Old 08-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #25
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

No. No it can't
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #26
Melchior
Manshoon

While we're raving about the lucrative benefits of $100 per pop, is anyone thinking about the cost of never seeing all the children you father?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #27
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Cost?
Gnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #28
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Yeah, sounds like yet another benefit to me!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #29
Melchior
Manshoon

Yeah, the cost, the emotional cost of never knowing your kids. You could bump into them on the street and they'd have no idea who you were. They could even become a rival or enemy. An unknown son might date your daughter years later, not knowing he's a half-brother, and out pops a deformed kid. (Costing you or your daughter money in health bills)

I think it's crazy to throw away your seed for $100 measly dollars. And with it you throw away your right to hold your daughter, or son. To receive their love for you, and to have them in your life.

Captain Obvious if you seriously think that's a benefit, you're crazy.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #30
Captain Obvious
Elminster

People have said that about me before...

i see where you are coming from tho, and the whole 'holding your kids' thing is very heartwarming, but meh, gimme the $100.

of course, i look forward to having my own children one day, with my wife. Sperm banks help couples (and singles) who want kids have them, so while you miss out, you help others have the opportunity to hold thier son or daughter. so, you are really just transferring the love, so to speak.

the situation where my daughter meets my son and has a freaky kid is fair enough, but not enough to deprive hundreds of other families the opportunity to be parents.

Finally, this whole thread has been pretty tongue in cheek - i really think parenting is a blessing, and cant wait to experience it. I am not close with my father, and know how much that blows. Fatherhood is a great honour - and greater responsibility.