Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 07:02 PM   #281
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
OOC: I just love this way everyone kind of treats Karnas as a pivotal character. And to think I introduced the talking sword idea as a kind of one-shot comic relief...

Trust me, Shield, Mel. Even I'm not annoyed enough at the sometimes amusing, sometimes irritating rapier-like wit of Karnas to kill him off PERMANENTLY.

OOC:
YAY!!!

~does a little dance~
~gives Tancred a big KISS for letting Karnie live ~

and now, back to our dreary dungeon, folks

OOC off

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-24-2001, 07:08 PM   #282
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: Just to clarify, tho' - he stays dead for the meantime. I sense an Oscar Winning Scene up ahead.
Old 06-24-2001, 07:15 PM   #283
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: Actually, the hilarity of it all is starting to get to me! Here's the (for want of a better word) Hero, chained to the wall, captured, beaten up somehow. You're all in a similar boat. We're in serious trouble, and in potentially fatal situations. And the grief you two show isn't for yourself, or anyone else's 'character' - it's for the sword!

On the other hand, I guess it's like seeing Eric Morecambe hanged while Ernie Wise looks on sad from a nearby cell. In fact, it's almost EXACTLY like that...
Old 06-24-2001, 07:58 PM   #284
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Ok. time to get rid of this door. With strength 19 and a +5 warhammer it shouldn't take too long to batter down this door. As long as I don't blow my self up in the process or something.I'll make them regret leaving me my stuff. Yells out "Everybody wake up, we're getting out of here. Watch out for gaurds for me." Even with my hands tied together I can manage to grip the handle. I could always use my throwing hammer on the door.

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 06-24-2001, 09:00 PM   #285
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Jabidas opens his eyes or at least trys after wiping away the dried and flaky blood that crusted them closed with his saliva he lies on the ground happy to be breathing. The cell is small with a wooden plank for a bed and a bucket in the corner a high window above him lets in some light through old iron bars. He gathers himself into a ball attempting to say small in the corner bones tired just huddled there listening to broken screams in the distance and the pounding on his brain trying to work some feeling back into a mouth of ashes.
The sorcerer cant feel is power and realises the icy band around his neck is stopping him from destroying this dank place. Watching the dust swirl in the light ahead of him meditating he begins to coughs a wrethed wracking sound unsure of what to do next, Jabidas glances his around his cell his equipment remains, what could a sorcerer with no power do anyway he supposes. Looking through the door the golems are probably under orders to tear him apart if he leaves that way the window above, no that isnt going to happen but the choice is maid for him as the door opens before him. An old man walks it looks as ifhis head is driven into his shoulders like a door wedge bent under his duty appears, his skin streached tight across his face , no spare flesh there cracks visible where the wrinkles should be frame dark eyes and tight lips neither show any expression. The old man stays standing looking into the eyes of Jabidas as he looks back. Neither brake gaze and they seem set to stay there for a long time until the sorcerer decides better survival than stupid pride and lowers his eyes, just come closer fool runs through his mind.
The old man complys and begins to speak opening his mouth revealing small yellow teeth, Jabidas smiles as he throws his knife it punches out the back of his neck. The sorcerer gets up as the old man totters about gasping and catching teeth now red and drags him out the door hoping the golems have some sort of conflicting commands that will confuse them and his luck holds out long enough to get the dying man around the corner.

------------------
Old 06-24-2001, 11:04 PM   #286
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Oops, I should have read this first..
IC: The door swings open for a brief moment, and a very slim, dark elf (dark skin, not a drow) is pushed in. He has his hood down, with his dreadlocks showing. On his back are two cases, where his scimtars should be. They were taken from him when he was caught. Although, strapped to his right leg is what looks like a normal longsword with a wierd hilt. He notices a few of his cellmates looking at it, and he replies with his deep, but taunting voice, "It's my Moonblade, they couldn't get it off me. Ha, to think they would try to use MY Moonblade.."

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 11:37 PM   #287
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Skye finally gives up on the lock-picking idea. They just don't make these lockpicks like they used to! She spots the newcomer.
Skye thinks to self- Oooh! A hottie elf, and in this neck of the woods, too! Note to self- ask his name after escaping dungeon. ^_~*
Hey, anyone have any escaping ideas? See any old prisoners that are still alive that we can ask directions from? Anyting would be nice... And if any wizards visit you, mind giving them a kick for me?

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 06-24-2001, 11:52 PM   #288
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

*Turns to Sky* "Hold on, let me give it a jolt.." He grasps his Moonblade, and pulls it from it's case. As soon as it is out of the case it lights up with a blueish-green flame. "Ah, here we go.." He sets the Moonblade next to the lock. He closes his eyes, and after a few moments begins to strain them. He whips his sword back, and swings it forward. A few sparks hit, but nothing else. "Damn these locks, and damn those wizards!"
Old 06-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #289
Grinch
The Magister

"Enough indecison,I've only got an intelligence of 12 after all. For Helm!" The Paldin's first swing of Crom Feyr takes the door off it's hinges,and activates the iron golems. They rush forward filling the doorway, but are too large to get into the cell itself.
"Meet my hammer!",Crom Feyr slams into the first golem causing noticable damage. For a long minute the Paladin and golem exchange blows in the door way,with a loud groan the golem collapses. The second golem steps into the door way. The Paladin,badly battered and gasping for air steps back out of reach,aware that the ring of Gaxx is rapidly healing him.
"Give me a 'gasp!' second to 'wheeze!' catch my breath 'pant'then I'll teach you to get between a man and his eggs.."
The golem's featureless head swings about as if sensing someone else in the corridor.
"Distraction time",the Paladin gasps, gathering his strength he swings the hammer and hits the golem right on it's large footthegolem roars and yanks back it's badly mangled foot,re-doubling it's efforts to get at the Paladin who has retreated out of reach again.

------------------
Grinch
Old 06-25-2001, 12:04 AM   #290
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Hey, what's going on out there? Come and rescue us please! Now, lemme see if I have any spare weapons on me handy that I can use... uh, lockpicks +3, suppose I can use that on the door, since they won't work on my stupid collar... poison throwing daggers, some scrolls, money, amulets, rings, ahah! I'll try using my ring of fire and MELT this stupid collar off! after all, I'm not using magic, the RING is using magic.
Oh, by the way, thanx for trying to help me out, newcomer. My name is Skye. I'm in here for squashing a tavern. *cough, cough*, looong story. What's your name, and what are those dirty 'ol wizard guyz mad at you for?

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!