Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 11:19 AM   #21
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
a bit off topic but...do you play Cosmic Encounters?

Haven't heard of it, what's it about.

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-30-2001, 11:24 AM   #22
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Haven't heard of it, what's it about.

Its a board game...like Settlers of Kittan. My friends and I have played board games for a very long time. We tend to gravitate towards the ones made in Germany. We started when we were teenagers and are in our 30's now.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-30-2001, 11:33 AM   #23
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Its a board game...like Settlers of Kittan. My friends and I have played board games for a very long time. We tend to gravitate towards the ones made in Germany. We started when we were teenagers and are in our 30's now.

I like the Axis and Allies WWII board game and the computer version (but it's kinda buggy). There's also an old Avalon Hill solo game called Ambush! that had three expansion packs. It's a squad level WWI game. Those were Great!

Also Star Trek Starship Simulatormade by FASA that lets you command a ship or several ships played on big hex maps, these actually are similar to Star Fleet Command, but much simpler rules wize.

------------------

Old 10-30-2001, 11:37 AM   #24
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

I like the Axis and Allies WWII board game and the computer version (but it's kinda buggy). There's also an old Avalon Hill solo game called Ambush! that had three expansion packs. It's a squad level WWI game. Those were Great!

Also Star Trek Starship Simulatormade by FASA that lets you command a ship or several ships played on big hex maps, these actually are similar to Star Fleet Command, but much simpler rules wize.

You would probably like combat mission then. www.battlefront.com

Its a WWII game that I used to play before getting bit by the Baldur bug.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-30-2001, 11:52 AM   #25
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
You would probably like combat mission then. www.battlefront.com

Its a WWII game that I used to play before getting bit by the Baldur bug.

Thanks, this does look like something I'll like

------------------

Old 10-30-2001, 12:16 PM   #26
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
a bit off topic but...do you play Cosmic Encounters?

A truly great game! I have the original game made by Eon (without expansion packs) and I also have the newer version put out by Mayfair a few years ago. My wife and I love it, but we can't find anyone who wants to play it anymore.

------------------
Guerilla gourmet, and former proprieter of the KFA.

Old 10-30-2001, 12:21 PM   #27
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:
A truly great game! I have the original game made by Eon (without expansion packs) and I also have the newer version put out by Mayfair a few years ago. My wife and I love it, but we can't find anyone who wants to play it anymore.

Holy Crap!! It was just a stab in the dark! Do you play the Vulch/Filch combo often? hehe I'm surprised your wife plays. We haven't found many females that like to play. I think there is a website for the game these days.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-30-2001, 02:25 PM   #28
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Holy Crap!! It was just a stab in the dark! Do you play the Vulch/Filch combo often? hehe I'm surprised your wife plays. We haven't found many females that like to play. I think there is a website for the game these days.

My favorite was always the Philanthropist (boy, I love to give everybody my crap cards and get new ones from the deck ). This probably dates back to many years ago when a friend randomly drew the Virus/Void combo (g-g-gulp!!) and I randomly drew the Philanthropist/Empath combo. I actually managed to contain him by feeding him with so many compromise cards he couldn't draw any more power cards from the deck!

------------------
Guerilla gourmet, and former proprieter of the KFA.