Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-16-2000, 04:36 PM   #1
Toadboy

I talked to toad shaman and went down the ladder, out of door in circular room and through tunnel, but about 10
steps into tunnel, I suddenly went into something like "void", walking inside of the hut, but obviously restricted
by some other kind of tunnel/room. Anyone experienced anything like this? Or maybe I just took wrong way and was not
suppose to go down from shaman room? I dont think I can reach secret toad place otherwise, and even though I know its
insugnificant quest really, would still prefer to do it. Game seems to be buggy, not as much as Daggerfall of course, when it came out, but...20% of it.

Old 11-16-2000, 05:36 PM   #2
Archimedes
Welcomed New User

That's a bug. You do need to go down that hole.

The toad place seems to be very bugged. Especially with bugs that prevent you from moving further into the toad place. After having reloaded saved games from just before the toad village a number of times I finally mabnaged to reach the shaman to hear one of his guards spout off with one of those
"Toad village is for toads. Toad village not for humans. Humans stay out of toad village." I almost burst out laughing.

There's also all these toads which are yelling at you to "Get out of way." While preventing you from getting on with the game.

Mind you, it's still a fun game, but there are frustrating parts to it. A non-bugged example is this area where you are constantly getting poisoned (I don't want to spoil it for anybody, so I won't give details). Unfortunately, when you reach it you probably won't have the neutralize poison spell yet, so you have to constantly leave the dungeon and spend lots of money to get the characters unpoisoned. Chances are, by the time you finish you will be able to cast neutralize poison.

That's not fun to me, just frustrating.
Old 11-16-2000, 09:20 PM   #3
dcch

I, too have had trouble with the Toad Village (and all connected with it)...first thing that happened, is when I ran across the toad by Nymph Lake (Mewaka?)... I had a heck of a time trying to talk to him (and finish it.. still not sure if I did) .. he would NOT stand still. I was supposed to give him a potion..and I tried, but I don't know if it worked, since he just kept walking away from me (yes, I was in talk mode and he did reply a few times) and gave me no indication that he received the potion.

Then, when I found the Toad Village (to talk with the Head Guard) NO ONE would talk with me.. I tried everything (going away and coming back later, quitting and reloading)... so, I finally gave up and NEVER did do anything there~

Is this just me???(again) or has anyone else had these problems???

Thanks...
dh

btw... just a thought about the fellows that block your way in the narrow tunnels... try casting VANISH.. it works most of the time.

Old 11-17-2000, 06:46 PM   #4
Toadboy

Well, as I posted in original subject line -Bug or Mistake- it was a mistake of mine and not really a bug, when you go
down the chute (by the way I never seems to be able slide down gently), and out of circular room with stump in it, you get into tunnel and then it changes into different area, and you are in another tunnel, but it doesnt show like tunnel on map, instead shows as if you were walking over water. Thats what confused me, since after playing so long I
walk by map more so than anything else. Just follow tunnel, out of hut, and to the clearing. As for potion, yes its annoying, because this Ukabu quest seems to preceed the potion one (minor quest), but I just used use/give button, chose give, scrolled down to potion and after few poking tries, gave it to him, he says something like thanks. Never had problem with toads, seems like I can push them to sides.