Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 04:43 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I have finally decided it's time to proceed to Chapter 4. I have completed almost every quest there is in Chap 2/3, except for the Umar Hills (all of it) and of course the Planar Sphere. I would like to hear some opinions on who to bring along - specifically, Jan or Yoshimo.

My current party is composed of a kensai, Keldorn, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie and Jan. I dumped Yoshimo a long time ago as he was just a simple thief; Jan OTOH was a thief/mage and he has served my thieving needs adequately in addition to providing the artillery together with Aerie. In other words, I don't really *need* Yoshimo in my party at all.

But I intend to have Imoen back in my party and am thinking of dropping Jan IN Spellhold to make way for her. But before I do, would anyone know the answers to these questions:

1. Would Jan be trapped in Spellhold for the remainder of the game, or would he somehow make his own way back home? Not that I anticipate needing his services again, but then you never know...

2. If I leave Yoshimo in the Copper Coronet where he is now, will I be able to put his soul at rest when I eventually meet up with him (and he dies)? I.e. will I have his heart to bring to the temple?

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-24-2001, 04:52 AM   #2
Guyan Sethe
Dungeon Master

Hi!

1. No, just tell him to go home.
SPOILER!!!

2. It didn´t work for me. He just looked like having a sudden heartattack and dropped dead on the floor.

------------------
Might makes right.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

OK - I've decided to dump jan for Yoshi and have gone on to Spellhold. Will I need to strip Yoshi of stuff before I enter the Asylum, or later (when he's dead) will the items still be with him? He's carrying the stuff that I want to equip Imoen with.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-25-2001, 12:20 AM   #4
Alaric
Manshoon

When I finally meet up with him, he still had the items that I gave him; however, there is a timelag between when you find Inomen and meet up again with Yoshimo.
------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.

[This message has been edited by Alaric (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Righto - thanks!