Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 11:14 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Wakizashi +3: Huekiel's perfection
Description:

This sword is, in fact, one of the most devious weapons in the whole Faerun. It belonged to Huekiel Wumzashi, a perfectionist sword master.

Huekiel was from Kozakura of Kara-tur, an island country known for constant warfares and struggles. His father was a famous Samurai serving some great lord, and he could receive his father's tilte had he not ran away from it. He loved swordscraft, though not in the way of killing and winning battles. He just loved fightings as an art and he hated to use the art as a tool to serve others' ambitions, which was exactly Samurai's duty.

He escaped to the noughbering Wa, and served on a pirate hunting ship, selling his swordmanship. During years of battling, he developed a strong, and somewhat dangerous personality. Later, his ship met a terrible storm, or perhaps battled another pirate ship and sunk, he was rescued by a trading ship sailing to Waterdeep.

His amazing fighting skills quickly won him a place in the diversive city. For the first time in his life, his swordsmanship brought him respect and he loved it. Later in his life, he was almost mad to drive himself to a state of perfection, and his desire caught certain deity's attetion. One night, a shadowy hooded figure visited him, and the figure said:" Huekiel, the master of sword, the persuer of perfection, I know the deepest desire lies in your heart. You dreamt of the perfectest of perfection, do you not? answer yes, and I will fullfill your desire!" Huekiel, not fully aware the danger awaited him, agreed to see the offer. Then, the shadowy hooded figure presented a blackened Wakizashi blade, said:"Communicate with this sword, you and him, will blend into one. You are the sword, and the sword is you. Until you are one, shall you reach perfection."

Huekiel, too caught up in his own desire, did not and could not refuse the offer. He took the blade in his right hand and began a telepathic communication with it. The other second, an unbearing pain pierced through his right arm as he watched in horror that the blade, as if alive, was eating away his whole arm. Screaming in rage and pain, he demanded the shadowy hooded figure to stop the progress, yet the figure only vanished with terrible and sickly laughters. Desperate, he tried to pull off the blade, only the made the pain knock him cold...

Huekiel was never found in Waterdeep again. Some of the Dalesmen had tales that a crazy man lurked in the dangerous mountains, killing and destroying things. It was said, the man had an arm with sword on it.

Stats:
Type: Wakizashi
Dmg: 1d8 +3
thac0: +3
Special: this sword is terribly cursed by the God of Trickster. Once wield, the wielder will permenantly lose one arm! even using a remove curse spell to take off the weapon, the wielder will still become disabilitied. a healing spell will cure the wounds, but will not regenerate an arm. That means he can no longer use other weapons.

when wield:
character is immune to charm
+3 thac0 permenantly
+3 dmg permenantly
+2 AC
one extra attack
-10% MAX HP permenantly
-3 chrisma permenatly

Whenever the wiedler enter battle, he will be on the edge of maddness. There is a 30% he will go berserk when he sight an enemy.

Berserking stats:
+2 AC, +2 thac0, +2 dmg, +2 movment, +15HP. immune to fear, confusion, stun, maze.

The sword desires perfection, therefore, a critical miss will cause pain to the wielder as punishment.
Pain stats:
lose 4d4HP and 20% chance randomly one of the following:

-2 thac0, -2 dmg for 2d4 rounds
lose concious for 1d4 rounds
slowed for 1d4 rounds

Usable by:
any fighter that is crazy enough

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 11:19 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Awesome..
Dude where *DO* you get your ideas?
I liked the backstory for this one.

------------------
Why?
Old 03-14-2001, 11:25 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Awesome..
Dude where *DO* you get your ideas?
I liked the backstory for this one.

thanks, I just updated the penalty, now it is a bit more balanced
well, just imgination heh, if you are truely irresponsible and bored and dont want to do those works that you are supposed to do, you will come up with the better ideas.

Old 03-14-2001, 12:24 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

actually, it is my hobby. and I work for some unofficial FR development team.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:14 PM   #5
Hesperex

...and another great weapon I do like your backgrouds

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

When I read the background I was wondering how you'd implement the growing on the hands thing. Then I realised that you'd just make it a cursed item and the player would not be able to use other items..Its tricky but its rather skillful editing as well. Maybe that regeneration spell will finally be put to some use eh?
Remove Curse> Arm falls off
Regeneration> Arm Grows back

------------------
Why?
Old 03-15-2001, 12:30 AM   #7
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

True but the current owner of the sword would have to agree that it is indeed a curse and that he should have it removed. You also have to consider who created this item as well. Sounds like a powerfull person. Sometimes such things can't be removed with a simple remove curse. A quest might be in order. Thuss the plot hook for an adventure.

For starters defeating the mad man in battle, however not killing him, might shake his sanity back to semi-normal (not that he realizes that he is no longer the best with a blade), and he would then realize that he needed to be rid of the cursed item. Now he begs of you to find him help.

Ahh yes the joys of the DM.

I once gave a cursed bezerker sword to "Brave Sir Robbin" our ah **cough fearfull** palidan of justice. He no longer ran away, problem solved.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-15-2001, 02:30 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellin da Mage:
True but the current owner of the sword would have to agree that it is indeed a curse and that he should have it removed. You also have to consider who created this item as well. Sounds like a powerfull person. Sometimes such things can't be removed with a simple remove curse. A quest might be in order. Thuss the plot hook for an adventure.

For starters defeating the mad man in battle, however not killing him, might shake his sanity back to semi-normal (not that he realizes that he is no longer the best with a blade), and he would then realize that he needed to be rid of the cursed item. Now he begs of you to find him help.

Ahh yes the joys of the DM.

I once gave a cursed bezerker sword to "Brave Sir Robbin" our ah **cough fearfull** palidan of justice. He no longer ran away, problem solved.

are you a DM? I know some ppl play AD&D online with an online DM. have you done that before?

Old 03-15-2001, 02:32 AM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Again, good job 250!
Is someone gonna attempt to implement some of these proto0types?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 02:38 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Accord, actually (and hopefully) there will be *cough something* out. heh that is all I can say, but I dont promise anything.