Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thread two of our out-of-character conversations is open.

Refer to this thread for the original work, and specifically this link for the last page of the old thread. [/url]
Old 05-21-2004, 04:14 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here is more information on my post about rewards and XP allowances.

Some of you have not responded yet, so I will post it again here, for your convenience.

I just realized that I can improve this game by incorporating a rewards system.

I plan to give XP to those that assist in completing certain criteria, working around traps, and fighting monsters.

I also plan to have updgraded armor, weapons, and other items available to you.

Please send me a list of all armor, weapons, and other misc. stuff you have that can be updgraded and I will set that into my game. Also for spell users, new spell slots will be opened to you upon gaining levels. This will be the first time I have attempted to DM a game where I did this, so I will be following a simplified version of rewards giving that I invent depending on what I feel is good.

All gifts and levels that are earned in this game can be used by the same character in any future games I run on this forum if you use the same character.

TAO and Arcades: I know you two are not exactly following a rule-base that I am accustomed to, and you seem to have all the luxeries that you could want, while everyone else are mid-level at best. Please indicate to me how I might include you two in the rewards system, based on any needs you may have or desire. Take note that because you two are playing more powerful beings and not of the D&D genre in which I know, I will not be as loose to reward you as I will the others that do not have as much to begin with.

What does everyone think about this ???
Old 05-21-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here is my rewards system, that seems to be appropriate for me to use effetively. I plan to use an XP reward system based from 1-10, depending on difficulty of task. When a total of 10 is achieved, DM will grant limited requests. PM the game master to make a request once a score of 10 has been earned. Everybody keep up with what I give you. I might not do as well as you. if you want the prize, you gotta take the responsibility away from me.

================================================== ============================

Previous Rewards now being honored

Tao and Arcades:
1. Defeating the cloud. Prize granted was silver to be used in spells or for money.
2. Defeating Render. Battle was incomplete. Killing him would have released his three tortured souls.

=================================================

Vincent: Disarming necklace trap. XP rewarded = 3.

Andrion: Defeating the Lamia. XP = 5.

Roderik: For entertaining posts, interesting rhymes, funny stories, and keeping the action hot...DM rewards you XP = 5.

I reward good work, and hope this shows everyone that I am hoping to see more. Though now that I have said it, it will be more difficult to impress me. Work hard!

[ 05-21-2004, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-21-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
ArcadesSabboth
Manshoon

Rewards eh? *Thinks of something he's want.*

Hmm.....

Hmm.......

How about cupcakes and brownies? *L*

Just kidding. The style of RP me and Tao are accustomed to are pretty freeflowing, so we might have to adjust that to compensate for the rewards.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

How about telling me which style you two are accustomed to so that I can learn its rules. I have a friend that has studied all styles of gaming and can give me help. I can learn how to combine what you want with what everybody else on this game expects of me, which is to make a really good rule set for everyone to play on equal ground, even if that means altering D&D a little to conform for us. That would be the only fair thing to do. Of course, I allowed you guys in with some of the looseness that Cyril allowed, but he was very rule oriented in his gaming and had clear plans and strategies. I do not have his expert abilities on gaming, so I am having to compensate by relying alot on all the players to give me some help with fairness. Right now, everyone is probably wondering why I allow you so much freedom and not them. I'll have a mutiny on my hands soon if I am not careful!

By the way, Andrion...why is nobody checking the body of the dead for anything of value?
Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #6
Elif Godson
Dracolich

hey Larry, which room ?

by the by I have company coming into town this weekend so my posting will be dificult
Old 05-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

No problem if you find it a bit difficult to post much. I will stay busy with something else in the meantime.

The room I am referring to is the one above us, the first floor of this cavern.

In my last post by Larry, in aqua color, on page five, I refer to us climbing up a rope out of the room we found the necklace in, and back to the room above. You ae climbing ahead of me, and we are halfway up this rope.

[ 05-21-2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion has still just recuperated from the battle and has not even thought about checking the body. But he is starting to get the idea.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:11 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I already have a nice item for you whenever you want to claim it. Just mention in the post that you check the body for stuff, and I'll hand you a new toy, unless I forget about it by the time you post!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:19 PM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

Edited my last post to show that Andrion checks the carcass.
Closed Thread