Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 03:59 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well thats it, I am going to bed early from now on. First, some mysterious plane flies over our house really slowly, and isn't your typical plane. I think its military or something, because it was flying towards Camp Smith, the local military base. But I don't think it has a landing strip.

Well, it made a really low noise and took like 20 seconds to go over our house. And now the coyotes are howling from all directions, I think two packs. I heard it last night, and again, only this time from two different directions. There is definately a lone one out too, it keeps howling. All after this plane went over. I am totally freaked right now...
Old 07-26-2004, 04:05 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
All after this plane went over. I am totally freaked right now...
And by the sounds of things, so are the poor coyotes Don't worry man. You'll be fine. Put some Floyd on

edit: For added sad face. awwwwwww *sniff*

[ 07-26-2004, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-26-2004, 04:17 AM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Still bugged out, but I did some research. Based on pure observation and a small diagram with assumed shapes, I think its an Osprey military vehicle. That would explain why its landing at Camp Smith, since it doesn't require a runway, only an open patch of land. And since republican convention in the city is coming soon, this might be some security devices. And to transport it at night is even more sensible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/155000...2osprey300.jpg

THats a pic of an Osprey btw. Courtesy of google Image search (where would I be without it?)
Old 07-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hey watch out, Ot could be Sam Fisher coming to infiltrate your neighbourhood and kill someone....
Or not.
Sorry to hear that this has stopped you from staying up late, I cant remember that last time that I went to bed before 9 PM
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

Sorry to hear that this has stopped you from staying up late, I cant remember that last time that I went to bed before 9 PM
I can't remember the last time I went to bed before 3 am and it's all this bloody computer of mine's fault! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Honestly, internet is like an opiate man....