Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I thought it was because the females are viscous, blood sucking, bi*&@es while the males easy going and laid back. [/QB]
Ha! For mosquitos, maybe....but we ladies are just keeping the gene pool pure. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That and we've got to keep you guys in line, or you'd forget to put you socks on some days...
Old 07-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #22
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I thought it was because the females are viscous, blood sucking, bi*&@es while the males easy going and laid back.
Ha! For mosquitos, maybe....but we ladies are just keeping the gene pool pure. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That and we've got to keep you guys in line, or you'd forget to put you socks on some days... [/QB][/QUOTE]*Looks at feet*

Darn it, I forgot again!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:32 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*teehee* Go put some socks on or those mosquitos that don't like Larry, might find your tootsies, there, Animal!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #24
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I'm not quite sure if I undersood correctly, but I've heard that losing blood is healthy. That the heart makes newer, cleaner blood to make up for the lost quantity. Does that mean that getting bitten by mosquitos is healthy? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
I'd have to say, ummm.... no.

Mosquitos carry many diseases which don't affect them in the least but do show up in humans. The amount of blood they suck doesn't quite do the trick to make a healt altering change in the quality of your blood. Take care of yourself properly and the rest will take care of itself, blood and all. Blood is cleaned regularly through the liver.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #25
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Most mosquitos don't like me, but when they don't get me, I don't even know I have a mosquito bite. It doesn't itch at all, unless I go and rub or scratch the bite mark for a bit, and the itching only ever lasts for 5 minutes after that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #26
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Most mosquitos don't like me, but when they don't get me, I don't even know I have a mosquito bite. It doesn't itch at all, unless I go and rub or scratch the bite mark for a bit, and the itching only ever lasts for 5 minutes after that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yes, but you live in Edomonton. [img]smile.gif[/img]

After 1 or 2 mosquito seasons on the prairies, anyone is immune.