Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 03:16 AM   #61
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
Can asbestos really be that nasty? I think the Romans used it for clothing.
And they also used lead for cosmetics ....
[/QUOTE]I thought that was some time later in Europe.
[/QUOTE]Major sources of lead poisoning also included cosmetics and medicinal drugs, in which lead was abundantly employed. Galena was used in ancient Egypt to treat eye diseases and to produce eye drops and mascara.
In the Roman Empire as well as in the Middle East and Germany, lead compounds were used to dye hair black,
Link1

Professor Richard Evershed from Bristol University said: 'White face paint was fashionable in Roman times and normally derived its colour from a lead compound. A tin compound would have been an acceptable substitute and in good supply from Cornwall.

Link2

Hey TDC what are the odds that the first proper rain in Sydney falls on a long weekend [img]tongue.gif[/img] If they want to cure the drought we have down here they need to make more long weekends [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:44 AM   #62
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
What is "the bill" ? Is that something that covers all monthly expenses in Iceland ?
I think he is refering to his earlier post:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Damn this day... the phone got shut down, I called the phone company and turns out I owe... well a lot .
I signed up for this bank service that takes care of your bill and specificly asked then to take care of the phonebill... but somehow there was some mixup... and they didn't do it.

I also wonder about the size of the phone bills... they must be overcharging me...
I got in 45 minutes after I was supposed to last night...ooops.

I walked my girlfriend home at around twenty past nine as she had to be in for half past, so she was home on time, but then I went inside for a bit, and by the time I knew it it was 20 to 11 and I was running home.

It's weird, my parents didn't say anything. I apologised but they just said "ok".

Going on Work Experience next week so I have to go buy "smart" clothes today. Working at a college with my mate and his mum, should be ok, beats going to school.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #63
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Hey TDC what are the odds that the first proper rain in Sydney falls on a long weekend [img]tongue.gif[/img] If they want to cure the drought we have down here they need to make more long weekends [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QB]
Tell me about it. You can almost predict that it will rain every long weekend and easter.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #64
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Afternoon, all. The *&^% yard service hasn't come, and Galadria is having a cow, as am I. How is everybody?
Old 06-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #65
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Not bad, Attalus. Just got back from a game o' tennis... I was absolute crap today.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #66
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmmm.... well, I was going to post something about my current life situation but in light of my previous posts, it would seem I am on a whine fest of some sort. SO, I'll skip that. Suffice it to say I'm being a grumpy spoiled little brat right now.

On the bright side of things Batman Begins is out in three days. Looks good, but should I shell out $12+ to see it? Hmmm.... maybe, but I'll have to find someone to see it with.

Anyways, the rain down here has recessed, but for how long we do not know. This is Florida after all.

Well, I'm either going insane, or I'm just extremely drained of energy.... I guess I'll have to take a nap and find out which it is.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #67
Sir Goulum
John Locke

First shift at movie theatre... scooping popcorn isn't as hard as I thought it was! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #68
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

haha...summer jobs only get worse as they go on!

FSA, don't worry 'bout the whinin'. Nobody complains when I do it!

I'm playing my DS, IMing people, and dreading going back to work tomorrow, right now. Hopefully Central Insulation got that junk out of there

Oh, um...Galadria is having a cow, Attalus? We have 60 or so, it's not so big of a deal.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #69
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Whine away Firestormalpha, we all do it from time to time LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir Goulum, glad you had a good first shift at the theatre.

Hope they got the asbestos out of there Ilander!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM   #70
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
First shift at movie theatre... scooping popcorn isn't as hard as I thought it was! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Good news Sir G. Do you work behind the counter all the time or can you sneak off to watch a movie? [img]smile.gif[/img]