Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #1
SoLsTiZe
Welcomed New User

I keep gettin killed and badly at that... I am in chapter 2 and I am just about to battle with firekrag at least I think I am not sure totally coz I can't get passed the stupid vampires! just as you turn eastwards after being shot at by orcs or summit behind secret doors... I hope u know where I mean... anyway they keep killing my characters is one shot... is there anything I can do to stop this... I have only beaten them once and I lost Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo from my party then I got killed by shadow wraiths! anyone any ideas on how to do this?
\"We’d like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you’ll think of us here at US Airways\"
SoLsTiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:03 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by SoLsTiZe:
I keep gettin killed and badly at that... I am in chapter 2 and I am just about to battle with firekrag at least I think I am not sure totally coz I can't get passed the stupid vampires! just as you turn eastwards after being shot at by orcs or summit behind secret doors... I hope u know where I mean... anyway they keep killing my characters is one shot... is there anything I can do to stop this... I have only beaten them once and I lost Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo from my party then I got killed by shadow wraiths! anyone any ideas on how to do this?
Welcome to Ironworks Solstize!

I know where you are. What i usually do is summon a skeleton or something and send it in the room of vampires to distract them and then cast sunray with the Daystar sword.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:04 PM   #3
PAPS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It sounds to me like you may not be high enough in character level to attempt the Firkragg dungeon yet. Maybe, go back out and do other quests to gain experience before attempting that Frikragg dungeon. If you are losing 4 characters on fights before you even reach Firkragg's lair... then you are not high enough in level yet for that dungeon.
PAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

You could try turning undead... with an invisible cleric.
Failing that, have Negative Plane protection on your character, and some spells that are good vs undead.
Daystar (found in the City Gates district behind a secret door in the Crooked Crane) should also help a lot. Failing that, level up some more.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:09 PM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome to IW!
Old 08-29-2002, 07:13 PM   #6
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well there is some items out there that can help you against the level drain, what can be a real pain in the butt. If you take the shawdow theives route there is a amulet that you get that will help against the Vamps. And you can always cast Negative plane protection a 4th level spell.

Give a list of your charcters(all of them)and there level then more help can be on the way.

There is always cheat ways to get around the dragon. But some people do not cheat.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:20 PM   #7
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Perhaps Yoshimo's set special snare ability may help you do a little damage, if you lured them one at a time into a room. Do this by having only one see you, then running away. I'm not sure how effective this would be, but at least it would add some additional damage. Having Minsc go berserk may help and may give level drain protection... can anyone confirm this?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:24 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
Perhaps Yoshimo's set special snare ability may help you do a little damage, if you lured them one at a time into a room. Do this by having only one see you, then running away. I'm not sure how effective this would be, but at least it would add some additional damage. Having Minsc go berserk may help and may give level drain protection... can anyone confirm this?
Minisc does not have protection. Only Barbarian rage does. The Barbarian rage is much better.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #9
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

OK, thanks.
As Mack_Attack said, we could help more if we had a list of characters and levels.