Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-10-2003, 06:39 AM   #1
Lovisa
Manshoon

Please tell me what u think of satanism and satanists.

My opinion is that they have the same right as we other ppl do just because they have satan as good and god as bad they're not evil they are as normal as we are.
A satanist doesn't worship satan nor do they think of him as a god they only think him as one in god's place not a god itself. Some satanists do overdo their "satanistic role" with black magic and all that but most of 'em only think that the rules and commandment is better that the other religions.
I don't think we should look down at 'em we should let 'em have a part in our society as everyone else do.
I bet many of u disagree with what I have said here so tell me what u think and correct me if I'm wrong anywhere, I bet I am... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just one idea in the supernatural realm of beliefs. Each to there own, I say. Its all hogwash to me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:51 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I've heard talk that some American Satanists tried to convert people to their faith by butchering sheeps on their doorsteps way before dawn. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Still, as long as they clean up their own mess and don't break any laws
Old 06-10-2003, 06:57 AM   #4
Zero Alpha

Procedure RANT();
Const Opinion:Belief;
Var Time:Integer;
Begin
for Time:= AgesAgo to Forever do
Begin
Opinion :=
I would group satanists with cristaians, and all other religions myself - in the catagory 'nice idea shame about the reality'. for satan to exist would be stupid. whats the point of an embodyment of evil when our govermnets have the ability to lay waist to the plannet at the touch of a button. the only good thing i can see about any religeons is that they sometimes give people hope + strenght to do things they couldnt normaly, but satanism seems a bit pointless. why not worship your computer? after all it will probably have the same effect;
End;
End;

[ 06-10-2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:07 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think you really need a clear definition of what you mean by "Satanism" here (before Yorick comes in... I think I remember what version of satanism he has experience with).

Do you mean Satanism according to Anton Szandor LaVey? Do you mean sick f***ed up idiots performing perverse and horrible rituals and excusing themselves by saying they're "Satanists"? Do you mean people who aren't Satanists at all, but Wiccans or other nature religion/paganism types, but who are branded Satanists out of ignorance? Do you mean the kind of Satanism that's a sort of egotistical hedonism, all about the importance of one's wants, 'Do what thou wilt' and all that? Do you mean the paganistic type of people who put forth that the Christian Devil is simply a distorted version of heathen gods like Pan or Loki and is therefore not evil? Do you mean pimply teens with black makeup up to their eyeballs who listen to black metal and think it means something?

In short, some of those groups have a legitimate "religion" and some are just playing, but others have used the term Satanism as a coverup for criminal behaviour (church-burnings, ritual rape, etc.) I think you need to establish what exactly it is you're talking about, to prevent misunderstandings. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:28 AM   #6
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

I've always said that anyone can worship anything as long as it doesn't affect anyone not concerned. I don't mind if some person worships their desk, as long as they don't force me to worship it too.....
Old 06-10-2003, 07:56 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
In my point of view, worshipping in general is a waste of time, but worshipping satan is insane.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:11 AM   #8
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

lol Melusine i dont think lovisa now anythnig about that guy or the other things and i would say she is one of those teens but without the make up...
Old 06-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #9
Lovisa
Manshoon

Yeah u got a poin there DJG...that sound really good let's vote for that [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 08:23 AM   #10
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
I've always said that anyone can worship anything as long as it doesn't affect anyone not concerned. I don't mind if some person worships their desk, as long as they don't force me to worship it too.....
That I can sign up to [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Unfortunately, some people have an unshakeable belief that their desk is superior and that all other desks should be disregarded. Either that, or they see that you don't have a desk and try to force you to use their style of desk whether it fits your needs or not.

Me, I'm a comfy armchair kind of guy

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)