Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-15-2002, 07:49 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I know there are a lot of preconceptions of Satanism around, that give it a bad name. And I myself was raised hearing nothing about it but that its "evil" and they do horrible things
Some of you will already know thats not true and this is for those who would like to find out more about it. This site is written professionally and well set out more as an outside view on Satanism rather then written by an avid Satanist themselves.

Satanism

While I do not proscribe to Satanism myself I find some of their ideals quite interesting and some even coincide with my own, although on the same front I find some of them quite the opposite and they totally conflict with mine.

""Satanism is Satanism not due to our worship of any deity, but for the philosophy that we stand for. We recognize ourselves as gods, and we hold our own perspective on life as holy and revere our own experiences as the only truth we can ever know. "

"Satanism is the utter rejection of the spiritual way of theistic religions, and the honest admittence that we are just animals who evolve as any other complex system."
Old 05-15-2002, 07:54 AM   #2
Lord Shield

all hail ME!!!!!!

oops - sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
lroyo

That certainly is a brave post AzureWolf!!!!!!

I know where you are coming from as I know a fair bit about Satanism myself. I certainly don't agree with a lot of it! It is not about worshipping Satan. It is about not worshipping anything but your own needs in life!

I hope people don't misunderstand your intentions here, especially Yorrick!

Aviendha

Old 05-15-2002, 07:57 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

if they don't relate it to any diety then why the hell (pun intended) do they call it Satanism?
Old 05-15-2002, 07:58 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
if they don't relate it to any diety then why the hell (pun intended) do they call it Satanism?
Similar reason to why Christianity turned the Pagan New Year into April Fool's Day - control

[ 05-15-2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 05-15-2002, 08:00 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hmmmm..... Some Satanists DO worship Satan [img]tongue.gif[/img] That's sorta where it's name comes from... At least they call themselves Satanists.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:14 AM   #7
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Yep, Satanism isn't that bad. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 08:15 AM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
That certainly is a brave post AzureWolf!!!!!!

I know where you are coming from as I know a fair bit about Satanism myself. I certainly don't agree with a lot of it! It is not about worshipping Satan. It is about not worshipping anything but your own needs in life!

I hope people don't misunderstand your intentions here, especially Yorrick!

Aviendha
Thats exactly what I am trying to avoid
I just wanted to enlighten (no pun intended) some people who just get preached to that Satanism is all "evil"
And hopefully they will take a look and read a bit first before burning me at the stake
Old 05-15-2002, 08:22 AM   #9
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Satan in the generally excepted definition by Satanists themselves is "A pre-Christian life-principle concept worth emulating"
Another sect The Temple of Set, defining an Egyptian god instead of the Christian one as the focus for them. They do not worship them as gods but try and emulate them to an extent.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:23 AM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
From a Christian standpoint, there are only two "deities" - God and Satan. Any religion that does not worship God is therefore a "satanic" religion. Whether they worship Satan directly or not is irrelevant. Satan's main goal is to draw people away from worshipping God. He doesn't care if they substitute him, the goddess of nature, or themselves as their religious icon....just so long as it isn't God.

That's not necessarily MY personal definition, just trying to explain why the religion would be considered "satanic" from a Christian POV.

A brave post indeed, Azurewolf. I may not agree with the ideals on that website, but it is interesting reading.