Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 12:16 AM   #1
ice3
Drow Warrior

The spells you have in the game are great. I just missed some or find some could be added.

Buffing spells for each realm. You have off course Magic Screen, Elemental Shield and Soul Shield. But they are cheap and when all set you have a big chance to have 100 in each realm. I would have preferred to push these spells up in levels and add a level 1 protection spell for each realm.

Dispel! Divine magic and divine realm spell. Very powerful and useful! I miss it. Many games have it, generally a "mass" spell.

Fly, we have a cool 3D engine with a nice immersive environment and no fly This makes travel much more convenient and allows to play on the 3D effects.

Jump, I hate to be stopped just be a puny stone from 1 pixel that stops my team! We have a 3D environment but I’m playing a pure 2D board game!!!!

X-Ray II, enable to see all treasure on the map. Not like now where you see everything. Make it selective. X-Ray detect life when another spell detects objects etc...

Invisible, I love this spell. Of course make it higher then chameleon and does not allow any interaction, except grabbing stuff on the ground!

Feather fall. How many times did I not get hurt because I jumped down a 1-meter wall!

Regeneration spells. For stamina or HP.

Precision. Like Eagle-Eye skill increase your dexterity in range weapons.

Berserk! Like insane but does force the berserk unit to attack any foe on site with berserk mode.

Flesh to Stone. Like paralyze but stone the enemy. With or without possibility to recover. Stone to Flesh to unstone the unit.

Vampire draining. Like a curse you drain HP, stamina and mana from the target that the caster will receive.

Some others as well...
Old 02-28-2002, 12:41 AM   #2
Mage_77
Manshoon

quote:
Vampire draining. Like a curse you drain HP, stamina and mana from the target that the caster will receive.

This is similar to Draining Clouad except you dont recieve what the mobs lose.

quote:
Regeneration spells. For stamina or HP.

Lots of Items for Stam/Hp regen & with heal all / rest all you dont really need a regen version.

I agree with the dispell though. Its one of the few spells from previous RPG's that ive missed.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:19 AM   #3
Nix
The Magister

Looks like you can't wait for M&M IX to come out. [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe you'll get your wish come April.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 05:12 AM   #4
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

One of the first things I did when I got Wiz 8 was to compare the spells in it to Wiz 7. Many of them were just renames for old spells but I was very disappointed to find out that the Levitation spell was gone and so were the Poison/Deadly Poison spells AND the Anti-Magic spell, all of which came in very handy for me in Wiz 6 and 7. I know part of the reason they were taken out was to make room for new spells that would have different visual effects but it was still a disappointment.

A Fly spell in 8 would have been really nice, especially since it would let us explore areas we can't get to by walking. Failing that, if we'd had the ability to build a balloon or something (ala Ultima 6) that would have been another option. (And don't get me started on the stupidity of having areas of water you can't enter even when wearing scuba gear). I also have to agree that a Dispel Magic would also be quite helpful.

One thing that really puzzles me about the renaming of the spells, however, is why they chose to keep the name "Banish" when that spell no longer does an outright banishment as it did in the older games, instead doing damage and paralyzation along the same line as the Turn Undead ability of priests/bishops. I mean, it's still a great spell but it's really misnamed.