Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2003, 06:19 AM   #1
Elmysterio
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got to Sarevok and I cant even get close to him with anyone, between the traps in the room and him and his buddys I get totally raped every time. What should I do?
Elmysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 06:59 AM   #2
Whailor

Try to lure them out one by one. Going in and taking them all on, with what the traps going off and all, can be tricky. From them all, Tazok usually tends to come at you first, not hard to get him alone. After that, though, you have to act carefully and may need to reload at some moments, but basically try to lure them out one by one.

And, use all what you got. Blast all them wands, use all them summon scrolls, throw all these explosive potions, drink all the haste as needed and such. Don't hold anything back in the end, so to say.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
Bernardo
Manshoon

I just generated many, many, MANY, MANY dead ("animate dead" priest spell) and sent them to Sarevok, then, while they where beeing killed by him, I killed Sarevok's henchman and by the end of that all the skeletons where destroyed... so Sarevok came to me, and I continued shooting... and so I killed him...
It worked at the second time I tried...

Old 06-26-2003, 08:20 AM   #4
Sythe
Ra

Easy lemon squeezy. Go to your local store and buy as many monster summoning wands and a few bottles of haste. If you don't have enough cash then go adventuring! Or become a merchant selling weapons you don't use. Or just kill people and take their money. (Does it really matter near the end of the game?)

Now back at the temple try to just lead Tazok at your party and he should go down quickly.

Make sure your clerics and wizards all memorize monster summoning spells.

If you don't have a low level party member get one and give him or her a potion of haste and make em run through all the traps man the ones at the center. Once your decoy is dead go summon as many creatures as possible. After you do that do the same thing I did ATTACK!!!!!!!!! (I had an army of gnolls that time) The battle would be long and hard so just keep on summoning more and more creatures. What every you do DON'T STOP!! Sarevok cuts through them like a hot knife through butter. But not even he can take down all of em. If possible try to take down the wizard. Usually he casts area affecting spells such as fireball and many it takes out a significant chunk out of your army! Haste your archers and shoot like mad toward Sarevok! Hopefully by then Sarevok would be dead.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

spoilers

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

summons - lots of summons

if you have a thief you can disarm the traps up the left while unseen

you can initiate the dialog with S while in stealth and his mates will appear - the wizard will be on his own at the front of the room - the others nearer S

you can hide one character behind a pillar in the bottom left (there may be other place)

unloading wand of fire from out of sight takes the edge of the henchmen

keep at it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:13 PM   #6
Sythe
Ra

Has there been anybody who have defeated Sarevok without using Cheesy Tactics.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:38 PM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

*raises hand*

The last time I defeated Sarevok, I did it a little like this:

--Stealthed a thief to wake up the mage, mage Dimension Doored to meet the rest of my party, hastened and buffed fighters ground mage into chunky salsa while archers rained poison and dispelling arrows.
--Positioned thief up by the left-hand side of the altar as point so party mage could fire Cloudkill, woke up Sarevok, came charging after thief.
--Thief zipped back down to party, who drank of cast free action to save them from the web trap, and Sarevok hammered on tank while all other party members hammered on him.

Don't worry about Angelo or Tazok--Sarevok's the one you're after. Getting Semaj out of the way makes things a heckuva lot easier. The only times I have problems killing Sarevok are when my party's levels are too low or I don't have the potions/spells/gear I need. A well-prepared party should have no problem taking the big armored ugly out.

EDIT: AFAIK, you need a master thievery potion to disarm the traps by the wall, but the traps by the center can't be disarmed.

[ 06-26-2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 06-27-2003, 05:13 AM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

The only problem I found was getting them all to fight. It's harder to drag the bad guys into the fracas then it is to stomp them. Arrows of Dispelling work a treat on Sarevok, negating the effects on him I think. After that, "summons" and missile weapons means that you never need to engage the big S in H-T-H at all.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #9
Khazza Pilgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

All these strategies listed here will will work well. I found that after spending a half day trying to finish off Saervok and his band of merry murderers the first time going through the game. I came up with a simple strategy similar to the others listed here. The easiest and simplest way I found starts with making sure your mage has at least 2 wands of summoning though 3 is better in case. Arm the rest of your party with the most potent missle weapons or bows they can use. First, send one of your party out into the alcoves closest to the doors and lure out the Battle Horrors one at a time and get them out of the way. Then as explained earlier send your thief out looking for traps. I think the left side of the room is the easiest to find and disarm. I spread the rest of my party members out close to the door. Hide in the shadows with your thief and move up to the point of making contact. Saervok will still see you and its on. Run your thief back (duh) to join the rest of the party. As soon as the first bad guy show up just have your mage start summoning monsters like crazy. Even is it looks like there are a ton already. At this point it really doesn't matter which bad guys show up because they will be distracted by the monsters and the rest of the party can hammer on them with missle weapons. When Saervok shows up I usually concentrate my fire on him because when he dies the game ends regardless of the other baddies still standing. Of course use your haste potions and anything else that helps at this time no need to conserve them. This startegy worked very well doing a solo with a FMT. Got it done in one try.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:37 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When entering the Temple, you should do what's always the wise thing to do in hostile territory: Have your Thief drink a Potion of Invisibility and go around scouting for Traps, with an Oil of Speed ready in case he happens to attract enemy attention.
Note #1: This place does indeed contain some Traps that *cannot* be Disarmed, something that I detest.
Note #2: Potions of Master Thievery will do absolutely nothing for your Find/Disarm Traps score. Pirengle meant Potions of Perception.

Should somebody happen to engage in conversation with your Invisible Thief, that's all right--as long as you don't actually get *attacked,* that is.

If a Mage happens to Dimension Door out to your party and attack you, do what comes naturally--ask him if he wouldn't mind holding your extra arrows.

Since your Invisible Thief has now scouted out the entire area and knows the location(s) of all visible enemies(s), have your spellcasters go almost out of sight range and cast some Area-Of-Effect spells.

While the spellcasting is going on, your Tank(s) should be drinking every buffing Potion you've got left--what the heck are you saving 'em for?

ATTACK!!!

No Summons Required. In my last game, my PC Tank took Sarevok on one-on-one. I had more than half of my hitpoints left when Sarevok hit the floor.