Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 02:20 AM   #1
OrionQuest

I read somewhere that when you change class, you no longer have the benefits of the previous role's trait. For example, if I'm a Bard and decide to become a Monk, then I'll lose the benefits of my Musical trait. Is this true? So, more importantly, if I'm a warlock and change to samurai, then I will no longer be able to identify items (Warlock's ancient lore trait)?
Old 12-16-2000, 02:33 AM   #2
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You keep what you have at the time you change, but you can't gain any more if the new character doesn't have the ability.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 04:21 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

No.
Here are the things that you do loose:
1) you can't wear/use items anymore that were allowed to your previous class, but are not allowed to your new class. (e.g. lockpicks, heavy armor and weapons etc.)
2) spell skills that do not belong to your new class are only half as effective. (So you need to have skill level 6 to learn spells up to level 3.) Nor can you 'invoke' those spellbooks.
3) Hitpoints, Hit, Parry and Speed are changed (see the manual)
4) you can't change back to your old class.
I'm not sure if you are still allowed to learn new skills and traits at the guilds which do not belong to your new class. (So if you are not proficient in axe, and change from barbarian to warlock, I'm not sure if you can still learn axe at the warrior guild.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote