Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=2;t=018377

Ok, guys, just some guidelines for the road. Feel free to insult the "Tragic Mustache Guy", or provide rebuttals for him, within the scope of the ToS of Ironworks. But let's have no more personal insults at each other, ok? Just because someone has a difference of opinion over their choice of NPC does not make them "wrong" and you "right". After all, it is only a game, with no feelings to be hurt if you don't care for it. People, on the other hand, are a different matter altogether.

Now go forth and have fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

[ 10-25-2002, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:01 AM   #2
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Question Mark

Howdy. I just finished reading through the first thread and decided to reply.

Now personally, I cant stand Anomen! He's got one of the most annoying voices in the game(second *ONLY* to Jan), and his 'romance' is...well, laughable is the kindest thing I can think of. However...on a pure performance level...I'd rather have him than any other cleric. Jaheria is nice and all, but being a split class makes her weak in the long run(and really, she's a druid, not a cleric). Viconia is powerful at high levels...and that voice...mmmmmmm. But she lacks 'tank-ness'. She simply cant hang in the later fights. Ano is definitely the way to go. Especially after he gets Knighted. And if I have to put up with a bit of annoyance to accomplish winihbg the game...I'm up for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On the Imoen issue...Well, I couldn't stand her in BGII. Her voice was third on my list of *STOP SPEAKING TO ME...YOU'RE MELTING MY EAR DRUMS*. I mean, in BGI she rocked. Started out as a theif and continued to kick butt through the whole game. I got her up pretty high level and she was great at backstabbing bosses! [img]smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately, when they revamped her for BGII they made her a Dual Classed mage...HUH?!? What the hell were they thinking? The writers took a really good(although still incredibly annoying...She was first on my list of annoying characters in BGI) character, and made her worthless. She's a mediocre theif and cant earn enough levels as a mage to make her useful. Add that in to her annoying voice and manner...Well, it was a no brainer. The only reason I even had her in my party was because I had no choice at the beginning, and had to rescue her sorry ass later. I dropped her like a hot potato as soon as possible.

Anyway...that's my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]

Enjoy...or not
Nacht

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I've never found wee Imoen to be annoying, but then, I have a high pain tolerance when it comes to annoying behavior. Same goes for Anomen. Actually, I can stomach just about every NPC in the game other than Jaheira. One has to draw the line somewhere, and her constant carping and complaining is just not fun. There's no "humor" to her, where I can find humor in all the others.

I definitely liked Imo better in BG1, her line about "I've done had enough of this!" cracked me up when I heard it the first time.

-Sazerac

Old 10-25-2002, 10:54 AM   #4
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I definitely liked Imo better in BG1, her line about "I've done had enough of this!" cracked me up when I heard it the first time.

-Sazerac
LOL...Yeah, me too. Although I think that her constantly saying "Yep" in that too-freakin-cheerful voice of hers was enough to drive a strong man mad.

Old 10-25-2002, 10:56 AM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I think another reason why I like Anomen is because I never judge on first appearances. A lot of people have judged me on first appearances, they thought I was mentally challenged just because I'm in a wheelchair. I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I thought it was wrong of people to judge me on a first appearance, and judge others the same way.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
LOL...Yeah, me too. Although I think that her constantly saying "Yep" in that too-freakin-cheerful voice of hers was enough to drive a strong man mad.
LOL, well, she's a "kid sister"; she's supposed to sound like one! Some of her more "glib" sayings do get a bit on the "pwecious" side, though. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2002, 12:01 PM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Hmmm....

I have just come home from school; next week will be Half-term holiday so i get a week off. I expect the game finished by the end of that.

As for Immy....I could NEVER find her annoying. Maybe it's 'cos I'm a girl-and I note the majority of Immy-haters are guys-but at the start of BG2 in Chatau irenicus I just though "Bless" when she started doing what you deem "Complaining." she's my character's kid sister so i think she's adorable!
Anyway, that's off topic.
People wonder why i hate Anomen?
*rolls eyes* let's just say THE VERY FIRST TIME I PLAYED BG 2 I HEARD HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND JUST THOUGHT, "Right. How can i kill this b*****d? maybe it's cos first time I had him i picked him up only for his Holy Smite on Big Red Angry Dragon, made him have revenge, then had to listen to his MOANING! on and On and On! it drove me NUTS! grrrrr.... *hefts Improved Staff of the Magi double damage against baby squires*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Now go forth and have fun.
you sound like that annoying voice Saz *grin*
Quote:
You must gather your party before venturing forth...
LOL., soz, too good to resist *grin*
thats a point... [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, whats MY place now... *ponders this* considering that you ppl made me marry Kat... and get Lady G and Att as "addopted online parents in law" [img]tongue.gif[/img] considering they all pLay BG2... I wonder where MY postion is now? [img]tongue.gif[/img] *grin*
Quote:
As for Immy....I could NEVER find her annoying. Maybe it's 'cos I'm a girl-and I note the majority of Immy-haters are guys-but at the start of BG2 in Chatau irenicus I just though "Bless" when she started doing what you deem "Complaining." she's my character's kid sister so i think she's adorable!
ditto Kat, except that female part... I am most definatly NOT female. lol. Altho, Immy CAN be annoying, but she isnt as annoying as some of the other NPCs lol, but then being my chars younger sis, I expect a degree of annoyingness from her (is that even a word?) [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, actually, the comp AI annoys me far more then Immy herself... honestly. Some of the scripting is awful [img]tongue.gif[/img] *grin* I'll moan about Anomen later, I gotta get offline now be back in well, 1/2 an hr. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:30 PM   #9
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
LOL, well, she's a "kid sister"; she's supposed to sound like one! Some of her more "glib" sayings do get a bit on the "pwecious" side, though. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]LOLOLOLOL...."pwecious" HAHAHAHAHA [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Like I said...good character to have in the party. But the irritation factor almost made it not worth it.

Nacht

Old 10-25-2002, 03:48 PM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

trade kelsey against anti-anomen for imoen anytime!