Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-27-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

hopefully im not the only one with this problem, but it seems when it loads up the area for the tavern in drow city it decides to lock up and sorta crashes my game... how can i fix this... i uninstalled and reinstalled it.... hope that works

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 05-27-2001, 01:34 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Have you downloaded the patch?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front
Old 05-27-2001, 01:41 PM   #3
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

yeah i did. the first patch that came out i downloaded it.. but i also found about a few days ago that there was the final patch for the game.. hopefully it fixes it otherwise i wont be able to finish the game.. since i had to reinstall it and lose my characters...

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 05-27-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Haven't got that far yet, but I think there are still plenty of bugs that cause system crashes when you enter/exit areas.
Mine quite often crashes when I leave or enter buildings (this appears random)
The only thing I noticed is that you need to ensure that all spells you have cast have fully taken effect before you move on, and you haven't instructed someone to drink a potion or something similar immediately prior to the move to the new area.
And before anyone asks, Yes, I do have the latest patch.
Old 05-27-2001, 04:14 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think your comps are buggy, BG2 has never crashed on mine, I have completed it 5 times without ANY crashes at all, and I even used an editor which should make it more unstable, I even cheated once which should make it even MORE unstable, maybe your CD's are scratched, one of mine got scratched, that would cause my game to hang up while I was exiting the first dungeon in the game.