Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #61
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe-a conversation zone- January 2, 2011

In other news my church is hosting a reality show in our new auditorium (which is apparently being marketed as Glades Theater, I suppose to avoid scaring off potential attendees who think they might try to sneak in a sermon or something) Anywho, the show is called "Recreating a Legend", they're auditioning 11 ladies from around the world. Celebrity judges to include Olivia Newton-John, Betty Wright, and Roy Anthony. Special guest this week is Kevin Rudolf. http://www.recreatingalegend.com/show.html

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #62
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hope I'm not necroing this thread too badly. Thought it had been a while since I was last here (February) and I should pop back and say hi.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #63
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Nah, it's only been 8 days since it was last posted in. Greetings, welcome back. What's new with you? I'm still looking for work, though more actively now. And I now have a nephew in addition to my niece.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #64
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Hi again Firestormalpha. Congrats to your family Hope the job search goes well for you, what field are you looking in?

Things have been a bit up and down with me, but mainly up. I had to suspend my final year studies back in early March or so because my anti-depression medication was messing me up so badly I couldn't work. After having my dosage pinged back and forth like a yoyo for a year (it has seen been shown that the dosages I was on have been linked to severe irregular heartbeats in some people, among other things, thankfully I seem to have got away unharmed and actually better off) I got told a few weeks back to try and take myself off them, as they were no longer working, and I would benefit from being on something else. However, while I'm having some rather nasty side effects from having stopped (my brain isn't used to the lack of serotonin floating around) I've started wondering if, now things which were making my life bad (people causing me mental, emotional and physical abuse) have gone, might I be able to cope without said pills? So I think I'm going to try and get by for at least a few months, with regular checkups. See if I can get by.

And I start back for the second go at my final year in two or three weeks. I've already finished my dissertation as I had several months where I had nothing else to do, and I did the first semester field work last year, and my marks for it are being held until this year. Just as well, I don't want to redo it - I nearly got buried under a rock fall and broke a couple of fingers in a German quarry.

I ended a four year relationship back in November last year. I'd changed too much, he hadn't, and I wasn't happy any more. Since then, I've started seeing someone else, we semi-moved in together for a couple of months when I was homeless (I have my own place with a couple of friends now), and we've been going along pretty well for over six months now.

So yeah, things are going fairly well. I've decided that I've been being too passive in my life, and there is no point me sitting around and whining about things and then not going out and doing anything about them. Yeah, I still get badly depressed some days and I probably always will, but I'm just going to have to do my best to work round it and make the most of the days that I'm happy.

And I managed to stay out of the way of the riots that were all over England a few weeks back. They got pretty close to my parent's house, but they never really took off where I live - Probably because I'm in a city with a very active naval base, and they don't take too kindly to that sort of nonsense.

And being off my pills and coming back to all you lovely chaps seems to have made me a darn sight more talkative than I used to be

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #65
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

My particular field of preference is one of the hardest to get into right now. Retail. Ok, so it's not like you have to be a genious, but with the economy being what it is, most of them are pretty scared of hiring. So, yeah, it gets kinda frustrating.

Also, celebrating hurricane Irene completely missing us here, praying that it doesn't do too much damage wherever it lands. It's down to a CAT2, (maybe lower as I type this) with no major prospects for strengthening, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad.

Glad to hear you're doing well, and managed to avoid the rioting.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 08-27-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #66
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well it has been quite dramatic weather wise here in Virginia lately - first the earthquake (which we NEVER get), the hurrican Irene skimmed our area (luckily I did not lose power, just cable and internet for awhile with the heavy rains and high winds), now hurricane Lee gave us pretty much an entire week of heavy rains. Roads were flooded, houses were flooded, bridges broke apart, even a sinkhole. And 4 people lost their lives very nearby where I live trying to walk through the flooding. FINALLY the rain has stopped! So I hope things calm down now and get back to normal. Although now all the local news is talking about potential terrorist attacks this weekend because of the 911 anniversary. Hopefully the beefed up security will be able to make sure that does not happen.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote