Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 AM   #11
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Default Re: Computer Gaming Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albromor View Post
Nice, nice, nice! Have you found any issues using Vista 64 especially concerning drivers?

I know Vista has been bludgeoned more times than I can count, but I also know a number of serious gamers who also build their own systems and they love Vista, especially the 64 version.

I must admit, Vista is pretty good for me right now. It is abit of a change but not a major change as I worried over. My speculation is that Vista is designed for the higher range of computers in the market now especially people using 4gig of ram and quad core processors. People who bought middle range to low end computers will suffer instability with Vista (slooowness) because Vista OS is a resource hungry machine. I mean with my 4gig ram at this time, I am constantly using 35-40% of memory. I do know what programs use it up but still.. if I suffer that issue what more to people who have only 2gig of ram?

As for drivers, I havent encountered anything that would hamper me from playing at this time.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:48 AM   #12
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilander View Post
Have any pictures of your rig? Any nicknames yet?

Sounds great, I'm glad it's running so well for you!

PS: I know it's a fairly mediocre game, but you should give Crysis a looksie...it's not anything revolutionary, but it's sooooooo pretty. Even on High settings, without AA (which is where my 8800GTS 512 system tops out)...

At one point, I just sat there staring at the screen, in awe of the realism of a distant hillside...I even had to call my roommate into the room to see it, and he agreed.
That is next on my list together with Assasins Creed and Fallout 3! . I agree distant background of realism leaves me in awe.

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-31-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Oh you lucky *)%*&#*(&%#!!!

How have you been? Doing well I hope. AMD all the way! I am enjoying Vista... I don't know why. CoD 4 is indeed a good game.
Lol, welcome back again! I havent seen you in ages mate! Life has been good to me atm and I am working now so less time to play. How bout you?

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Vista has its quirks, but all in all, if you have the memory for it, you'll enjoy it. My laptop now has 3GB of RAM, which I plan to upgrade it to 4GB, and Vista is running well on it. Guild Wars works fine, then I am good with it.

Yes! It has been a long time! Law school still, extra-curricular still... little time to play. Glad to hear you're working now! Still in Aussie land ei?
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'm glad the new build worked out great for you. Those screens surely do your computer justice. Enjoy being able to play the latest and the greatest games; and future ones too.

Just send me a PM if you have any issues and I'll be more than glad to help. If your GPU temps start to bother you I can link a fairly decent solution.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #16
AlphaAlex
Dungeon Master

Nice pics mate! It's great having a wicked comp where you can max out all the graphics. I recommend you get (if you haven’t already) Crysis and max the graphics on that. Crysis looks sweet.

Of course the advantage of playing games on Vista is it runs DirectX10 which has a lot more eye candy than XP's DirectX9. Fur actually looks like fur and not a layer of wispy cloud, and hair actually looks like hair. Explosions look way better as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #17
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretMaster View Post
I'm glad the new build worked out great for you. Those screens surely do your computer justice. Enjoy being able to play the latest and the greatest games; and future ones too.

Just send me a PM if you have any issues and I'll be more than glad to help. If your GPU temps start to bother you I can link a fairly decent solution.
Oh will do . Thanks .

Catch me if you can..