Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #31
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

0 problems found in any one.

Yeah, that's something else. My other computer has 127 MB of RAM. All of my other games, like Gothic and Sacred both work fine, as does Disciples 2 and the like, so it should be fine.

What is V-sync/triple buffering? Where could I find them?

[ 06-09-2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #32
Animal
Gold Dragon

I don't use nVidia any more, so I'll assume those are the latest.

V-sync limits the frame rate of the app to the frame rate set by the monitor. Most people turn it off because it gives them better results in 3dmark and the like, but it can also cause artifacting and tearing of the image if it's not enabled.

Triple Buffering works along side V-sync to increase the frame rate of the game while V-sync is enabled.

You should be able to find both settings in the control panel for your video card. Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties." Click the last tab, "Settings" and choose "Advanced." This will give you access to all the settings to tweak your card.

I agree, this game should run fine on your PC, and the fact that every other game does indicates that your hardware and for the most part your software/drivers are fine.

When I picked up my new video card 3 months ago, every game ran perfectly except NWN, which would run like shite. I finally got it running properly about 10 days ago. It turned out that NWN didn't like running of my drives which were striped in a RAID 0. I put it an a different drive just on the native IDE channel and it worked like a dream.

Unfortunately there's no hard and fast rule to troubleshooting. Every single PC is different, even though they may have the same components. Basically what it boils down to is testing and tweaking until you figure out what's causing it.

Good Luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #33
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I have the sneaky suspicison that it's something wrong with the install files/the way it is installed. The city view is fine. Heck, almost everything else is fine. But the opening screen is always screwed up...

Well, if anyone's installed Civ3 before and it worked, here's what I did:
Civ3 Gold Edition -> Conquest -> patch Civ3 -> patch Conquests.

Anything I did wrong?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #34
Animal
Gold Dragon

Although I haven't played Civ3, generally when installing an add-on or expansion it usually updates the core program automatically.

I would think it should be:
Civ3 Gold -> Patch Civ3 ->Conquest ->patch conquest
or:
Civ3 Gold -> Conquest -> Patch conquest