Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 01:49 AM   #1
Brothe J
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1.Can anyone tell me how to get those darn Gauntlets of
Ogre Power???

2.Can anyone tell me how to get Anheg Armor???

3. What is the best way to kill Drizzt???

Thanx!!!
Brothe J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 02:18 AM   #2
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

the gantlets of ogre strentgh are in the 2nd basement of the ship at the docks in baldurs gate. To get Anhkheg armor simply take an ankheg shell to the smithy in Beregost he will make it for you but it takes a while. If you are able to pick up a few shells make sure to ground them inside the store then talk to him, if you do the dialogue right you can make money on the 1st few, then use the last shell for the actual armor, u also have to have 4,000 to pay for the armor, and he takes it up front. As for Drizzt i have never killed him. But from what i have read you need to be on a high level
The Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 02:20 AM   #3
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. get back on that
2. bring ankheg shell to smitty in Beregost
3. use your monster summoning wands/spells and use your range weapons

But don't kill Drizzt! Just pickpocket. You don't need his armor anyway.
Mordar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 03:05 AM   #4
Brothe J
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who do you talk to for the Gauntlets???
Brothe J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 05:30 AM   #5
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. There's a couple of wierd girls in the low lantern. Like most good equipment, you have to prise it from their cold, dead fingers.

2. There's a hidden set of Anhkeg armour in Nashkell, buried in the north-south plowed field, in the westernmost furrow, next to the tree halfway down the furrow. You may find you need the exact co-ords (which I don't have), as it's a bit of a pixel hunt.

3. The "best" way, which can be done by a level 1 party, is to have 6 people in your party and a ton of arrows/bullets. After Drizzt has killed all the Gnolls, surround him with your people. You have to be quick, 'cause he keeps moving. Position 4 people (not your PC) at the points of the compass around him. He won't be able to move now.

Now walk up to your positioned guys and fire them (one by one). As you're next to them, they won't move and will turn neutral blue. Drizzt doesn't attack neutrals, more fool him.

You and your final party member stand away (Drizzt has surpisingly long reach) and shoot Drizzt. You should be using cheap arrows, because you are going to use hundreds of them.

Although you have no chance of hitting him, as his THAC0 is too low, a critical hit always connects. Therefore, it's only a matter of waiting until you've rolled enough 20s and voila, dead Drizzt.

You should expect to have to donate a little money to the church for your sacrilige, but that's a fair price for the armour and 2 swords.
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 06:23 PM   #6
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

SPOILER!!!

but who cares...

The Gauntlets of Ogre Power, which i think make your character 18/00 for strength, ill explain benefits in a min, you get off 2 ogres who are asking for money on the bridge outside of the Gnoll Keep place. They pissed me off and said i was a "dumbhead" so i punched em out, then kill them. One drops the the gaunts, I THINK IF IM THINKING OF THE RIGHT GUANTS, and one of them drops a nice potions that have some nice effects.

Strength 18/00 - Hit Adj: +3, Dam Adj: +6, Wt Allow: 400, Bashing %: 45
Strength at 18 in General - Miss Att Adj. +2, AC Adj: - 4, HP Adj. +2(4)

All good stuff! But if you find a tome of added strength, you make the decision...

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 08:02 PM   #7
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fairly certain those are the gaunts of dexterity.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:34 PM   #8
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Well i dont know, but at least you know what will happen when you have 18/00 =\!

-Aragain
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 06:46 PM   #9
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the Miss Att Adj and AC adj come from 18 DEX and the HP Adj from 18 CON, IIRC.