Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Aeeee!
im so sick of people who think they know best
My bosses at work for example, all of them have issues, all of them complain about the each other. For example, boss 1 knows what should be done but doesnt know squat of about leadership or how people actually get what should be done done. Boss 2 is a good leader but is ignorant of what should be done....boss 3 likes to be bossy but doesnt really know what shes doing, boss 4 is a newbie as well but is a nice guy...

Then theres teachers, this one teacher for my restaurant management class teaches NOTHING about the actual running of a restaurant from day to day (gee and i had to take this class?) he teaches about restaurant creation ideas/creative ideas (ooo couldnt find that stuff out on our own) He also likes to teach basic mathematics that we learned in elementary school. I swear id love to just smack him sometimes.....I mean if a class is called restaurant managment, it would be damn nice to learn how to manage a restaurant, and it would be nice if he wouldnt condescend in his lectures on math as if we are all complete morons.

Heres an example of one of his test questions...
All vegetarians avoid eating meat. T or F
Now, first off if weve taken any psychology course we know all generalizations have exceptions, second off we know that there are pesco-vegetarians whom eat fish - which is considered a white meat by many, and third off its just a stupid question in the first place since what the hell does that have to do with running a restaurant from day to day? its something for maybe menu creation not running an actual restaurant!! argg...well anyhow, he thinks its true even though i provide the teacher with around a dozen internet resources which say the opposite...I swear, its like as though hed rather stick his head in the ground and ignore reality than admit hes wrong.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:00 AM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You get people like that throughout your whole life no matter what. Parents are one of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My AP Lit and Comp teacher last year had us analyze paintings to no end. Tell me what that has to do with the comprehension of literature?
Old 11-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have to admit that I sometimes have some difficulty appreciating what bosses actually want when one says this, but another says that (made even more confusing when the 'little boss's instruction is over-ridden by the 'bigger boss's [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] ). But I guess that it is a matter of managing bosses, wherever we are; there is no guarantee that the next boss is definitely a better one, and each person has his/her strengths and weaknesses.

As for teachers, I am not able to speak for all of them but I suspect that they have been 'talking-down' a fair bit in their careers and only the most big-hearted ones would bother about feedback from their students. I just hope that you do manage to learn something useful out of that course, since you are putting in so much time and effort into it.

Lastly, I hope the week begins on a happier note for you [img]smile.gif[/img]