Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2003, 02:36 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

How's this - there's a reporter with a battalion of Marine infantry who are currently laying seige to a building in Basra. The reporter (David Bowden) is doing live commentary while the camera zooms in on a platoon of Abrams tanks who are currently firing HEAT shells at this building in Basra. Talk about being on the spot - I'm sure the Pentagon, the White House, the British Ministry of Defense and the whole world are watching and being armchair generals - wouldn't you hate to be the commanding officer on the ground, having your actions scrutinized and criticized by billions who probably don't have a quarter of the information you do.

Bowden's to be commended for risking his life, but this is just a bit too strage - I know there's a trend towards reality TV, but this is a bit too much. What happens when the camera is zoomed towards the tank commander on top of his turret and right at that moment his head is blown away by a sniper's bullet?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:02 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just watched this.. man.. And the airstrike as well! scary stuff.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:17 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Not watching any of it. Don't have cable.
Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:36 AM   #4
esquire
The Magister

yea pretty intense, I was almost rooting for the underdog iraqi's, well almost.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe you should head over there and see what its like being under fire !!Open your mouth like that there and you'd be missing a few teeth!!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Maybe you should head over there and see what its like being under fire !!Open your mouth like that there and you'd be missing a few teeth!!
Calm down, mate. No need to shout at a fellow member, even if he did come up with a bit of a thoughtless comment.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #7
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry Memnoch,After watching latest reports I don't like to hear anything like this.The outrageous treatment of our american prisoners this morning has me a bit pissed!