Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-26-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I read that a fifth-level Harper Scout, besides creating potions, can create a Harper Pin "allowing another player to choose the Harper Scout Prestige Class." They didn't mention this in the manual.

Has anyone created this pin? How does it work?

[ 07-27-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah it ain't in the manual but this is probably what you read.

Quote:
Craft Harper Item: At 5th level, the Harper gains the ability to create Harper pins, which allow another player to choose the Harper prestige class, and two types of potions. The Harper can only ever create one pin, so sponsoring another person for membership is a serious decision. The Harper can also create one potion per day, either a Cat’s Grace potion or Eagle’s Splendor. To create either potion the Harper must spend 60 gold and 5 experience points. These potions allow a Harper to better support her agents and allies.
It was originally intended that SOU only contain one prestige class; The Harper Scout (!!). Since there was only one it was, in the spirit of RPGing, also intended that this prestige class be restricted to those who were 'chosen' by the harpers and that you couldn't actually take this class unless another harper sponsored you (forgotten realms realism y'know). Since the community was outrgaed and demanded more than one prestige class they did away with this idea because the SOU OC was too late in development to implement 5 side-quests for each prestige class.

This is why it's not in the final version of the manual since it does not exist and you won't find this among the Harper Scout abilities. I would have like it though .

[ 07-29-2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]