Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-17-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Have any of you tried these yet? NWN website.

I was just wondering if they are any good and are bug-free. I have sorta been turned off to haks as they do not work once you have upgraded to a higher level than they were built for...as well as sometimes corrupts your game so bad that you lose everything you built and it is totally unrecoverable. Happened to me before. Anyway...I wanted to see waht everyone else thought.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:42 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

For the reasons you mentioned I too do not use hakpaks. Alot are made by people who really don't know enough about how the game works thus creating bugs in their creations.

I've heard horror stories and I daren't risk messing up my stuff.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:17 AM   #3
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

Question Mark

could someone fill me in what these hakpaks even are? i've seen them all over the place. but if they cause as much probs as u say then no-way i'm i downloading them. And for another possibly hakypaky question see my post.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:40 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Haks are files containing one or more different files which override or add to certain parts of the game. They won't do anything unless you ask to use them, by adding them to a module. They'll only work for modules they've been assignerd to though.
Changes are things like new creatures (horses), changes to excisting creatures (darker skin on orcs), other portraits for main characters, custom soundfiles and so on.

I've found it's usually no good to download them, unless you have downloaded a modle which needs a specific hakpack to work or want to create your own module with 'unique' features. In the latter case, it's usually best if you create the (files for the) hakpack yourself, so you can be sure it works (which will require a quick course on making them).

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote