Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 10:47 PM   #1
andora20
Manshoon

Hi Everyone!!
I am o so very lonely. Khalid & Jaheira have left my company. While I was in Travelling through Cloakwood I came accross some interesting Characters, 1 of which wanted to "Elope" with 1 of the Grand Dukes daughters. As I am a sucker for lovers who are kept apart, I felt sorry for the guy and I wanted to help him so off I went back to Friendly Arm Inn to drop off Khalid and Jaheira to make room for him. I dropped them both on the second level of the inn, (Monatron and the other guy were on the first level, and the 4 of them have a fairly bad history, I thought they would kill each other). Anyway, after I picked up the other guy, I discovered he was evil, so I went to ditch him back at the Inn, but when I went to recover the other 2, they were gone!! I tried to respawn them again but I could only get Khalid and Biff the understudy. Anyway, what I want to know is, do I need to Have Khalid and Jaheira in my group to complete any important quests in Baldurs gate? Are they central to the plot in some way. Besides, they were in my group from the beginning and they got a lot of my good stuff, (healing potions and wand of monster summoning. Do you think they may have gone on to Baldurs gate without me?

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 10:59 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

As for quests in Baldar's Gate, no, their absence will not affect your play. But for dismissing them I doubt they'll come back. Who else is in your party? Let me know and I am sure several of us can help you find some other NPCs to join you.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 11:10 PM   #3
andora20
Manshoon

I have, the Paldin Guy, Branwen, Minsc, Dynheir and Imoen. They are much better at fighting than Khalid and Jaheira though, ( I swear I can almost see Khalid Soil his pants when we unexpectedly walk on an Ankheg)I only miss them because I thought I might need them in Baldurs Gate. But seeing as I don't, I think I'll keep what I've got. There a good old bunch after all, but any other idea's woukd be wellcome

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 05:48 AM   #4
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you ever feel that you need another fighter type, Kivan (High Hedge) is good. Coran (F/T, Cloakwood bridge) is a great scout. Imoen can be dualled to mage. Yeslic (when you find him) is a great little F/C. It also depends on what you are and, most importantly, who you like.
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 06:35 AM   #5
Vampire

Restart

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 06:37 AM   #6
Vampire

Sorry as that was irresponsible.
I am just huge Jah and Khalid fans so ignore me.
Ajantis is a good Paladin but dunno about druids.
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 03:34 PM   #7
andora20
Manshoon

I'm a fighter/mage. This group I'm in now seem to fit my style of playing though. I have to reload alot less now, I think I'll stick to it.
Thanks Y'all for your help though

------------------
Old 09-02-2001, 08:47 AM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Andora, I played a fighter/mage with the exact group you now have, adn I found an excellent match! Stick with em!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:34 PM   #9
andora20
Manshoon

I think there might be something "Going on" between Ajantis and Branwen, did urs have the same Lioness? I suppose even Computer generated characters need love. Have u played BG2 yet? I believe u can even have a love interest for your character

------------------