Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 01:21 PM   #1
petem369
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just wondering do u have 2 be a really high level before atempting 2 take on the ssix in the iron throne building in baldurs gate? my party is all around level 7, is that enough coz they kick my ass at the moment.

Albar
petem369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You should be able to win in a fair fight. Don't forget to use archers to disrupt their magic users, low AC fighter's to shield your archers/magic users, all those potions you stockpile, any magic arrows/bullets you have, haste, summon mosters (spell & wand), fireball, etc.

If it's still too hard, try the following:

SPOILish

Buy a load of potions/arrows of explosions, a necklace of missiles or a wand of fire. Take one person up the stairs, fire, retreat, rinse and repeat. Voila, dead people.

[This message has been edited by Bromley (edited 08-31-2001).]
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:21 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by petem369:
just wondering do u have 2 be a really high level before atempting 2 take on the ssix in the iron throne building in baldurs gate? my party is all around level 7, is that enough coz they kick my ass at the moment.

Albar
You're a high enough level, just try altering your tactics slightly, prehaps try using summoning spells and all those wands and potions you seem to constantly have but never use.

Just a few suggestions.

------------------
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:23 PM   #4
petem369
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yey i did it , i bought loads of potions from Sorcerous sundries including lots of magic protection and wands for whoever could use them, and i got through it without having to use any health potions of spells .
petem369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:47 PM   #5
Sir_Tainly

I was level 6/7 but i used a stinking cloud to incapacitate most of the enemies and so only fighting some of them at any one time.

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger
Old 09-02-2001, 08:02 AM   #6
Zbyszek

I always use explosive ammo (3 archers - makes hell for them - they die and do not now how - one or to left is panicked) and never had probles with Iron Throne.

Zbyszek

Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:15 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've only gotten that far into the game twice so far, and both times I was working on a dual-classed Fighter/Thief as my main character, and I wanted LOTS of Experience for them. One time I went charging in there with my party, and our groups basically annihilated each other. Too dirty for me, I prefer a clean kill. So I gave my main Fighter/Thief 5 Arrows of Detonation and 20 Arrows of Piercing, the Short Sword+2, and all the Healing Potions I had, and then kicked everybody else off the team.

SPOILER-ISH

Stealth is such a KICK-ASS....not to mention CHEAP-ASS ability! Like I said, go charging in with your party and get wasted, or just send in your Thief and assassinate them all! They even give you 2 stairways to shoot and backstab from, so if too many bad guys get near the head of 1 stairwell, you can go to the other and pick them off from there. I don't even remember HOW many XP I got from killing all 6 of those guys by myself.

------------------
"How do you define 'fool?'"
"I don't attempt to. I wait for examples. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote