Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing through the game for the third time but this is the first time i've tried an evil party.

At the moment i've got my character (neutral evil dwarf fighter)
Jaheira (somehow perusaded her to stay, she is nuetral after all)
Montaron
Xzar
Edwin
and Branwen.

The problem is i'm not nearly as familiar with the evil characters as the good ones. I had considered swapping Branwen for viconia but it seemed a very poor trade when i tried it. The party does seem to work ok as it is. My fighter is suitably tanked up (greywolf's sword is a ridiculously good thing to get in chapter 1) and the combination of montarons heavy crossbow and edwin/xzar's magical dasterdlyness really dispatches people quickly. Jaheira and Branwen seem ok as backup fighters espeicially using a combination of spiritual hammers and holy might.
But i cant help feeling that i'm missing out on npcs that would give me a far better party. Can anyone tell me what evil npcs are around and they're benefits? Anyone got any pointers on making my party better in generall?

don_carlo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 01:44 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Shar Teel and Kagain both are evil fighters. Shar Teel has low HP but Kagain has a lot and regenerates, so you can send him first and then send ST to help killing as her strenght is pretty good. When i tried an evil party i used my character (necromancer), imoen, kagain, shar teel, viconia and edwin. Worked pretty well.

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Also, the Dark Elf, Viconia, is a Neutral Evil NPC.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 05:01 PM   #4
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just played an evil party.

F Korgan (axe & shield)
F Shar-Teel (varscona & shield)
F/T Me (frostbane )
F/T Montaron (short sword)
C Viconia (hammer)
M Edwin

I had Xzar for a while, but I only wanted one mage. Shar-Teel was annoyingly low on HPs, but Korgan made up for it.
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 09:17 AM   #5
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cheers guys.

I actually discovered Kagain about an hour after i wrote that post. I swiftly replaced Jaheira with him. The party is now way more balanced. I totally kicked ass in the firewine ruins this morning and ulcaster was just a 15 minute distraction. I'll probably quit fooling around and go to the bandit camp this afternoon.

One more question though, who and where is Shar teel? I cant recall ever coming across a person by that name in BG.

Ta for the help.

don_carlo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 03:58 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

SPOILER>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Shar Teel can be found in a mountain region to the east of Beregost and Nashkell. It is required that you battle her, but the fight is easy. Your toughest fighter against her. The region which she can be found at is where all the Basilisks are.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote