Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 12:50 AM   #1
Wizard with pointy hat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone know how to get some decent thieves bracers early on, like pre-Nashkel? keep in mind I already have 19 dex and can't wear anymore protective gear. Also, I'm debating whether or not I should have bought the Claws of whats-his-face. Any thoughts?

------------------
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them. You know who you are.
Wizard with pointy hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 03:46 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

ITEM SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
- Well, if youre talking about bracers, you could get the bracers of archery (in the area south of nashkell).
But since you talk about the claw of kazgaroth, i believe you actually mean RINGS, so for a thief, the ring of invisibility would be good (you can get it in Ulgoths Beard, you need TotSC). Otherwise, the claw of kazgaroth is good, it gives you ac and saving throw bonuses (except for save vs death which is penalized), the bad thing is that it lowers your constitution but that shouldnt be a big problem for a thief as usually he wont melee.

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 07:26 AM   #3
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If it's braciers of defense you were thinking of, I think you'll find studded leather armour better (they're not cumulative). The best armours, for a thief, are the shadow armour at Beregost smithy and Drizzt's mithril chain, if you can get him to part with it .

[This message has been edited by Bromley (edited 08-19-2001).]
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 02:17 PM   #4
Wizard with pointy hat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I'm actually referring to both bracers and rings. I'm soloing with a theif mage so armor is out, even though I could afford it at this point. As far as bracers I think I'll definetly go with bracers of archery but I'm wondering whether or not I should go with the Claw or another Ring of Wizardry. I'm currently using a ring of protection in that hand, which is easily swapped with the claw as it also gives +1 general AC, but I don't think the claw is removable. Also, my con is already 9, and I don't know if -2 would hurt too much to cancel out the other benefits. With a potion of defense and armor spell, my AC is -5, so I really don't worry too much about getting hit, but still, that lost hp will really start to add up.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:42 PM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, if you have such a low con then i wouldnt use the claw, though its very good against missile attacks, and that helps you so that your spells arent interrupted. id choose ring of wizardry and a ring of protection, though you can use an amulet of protection for now (till you get the ring +2) and use a ring of invisibility for now. Also id get the robe of archmage, it has a nice AC of 5 (good for a mage).

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 02:47 PM   #6
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's a set of braciers AC7 in the map east of the temple of Beregost, I think. Const. of 7 gives 0 HP/level modifier, so no change there.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:57 PM   #7
Wizard with pointy hat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where exactly is the Robe of the Evil Archmagi? I've found the other two at Thalantry's place but the third one still eludes me.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:20 AM   #8
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cloakwood mines, right at the end.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:26 AM   #9
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

Davaeron in the Cloak Wood mines, hope I didnt spoil anything, drops Bracers of AC 6 as well.

You could also get Boots of Stealth, being a theif, but im pretty sure that a Mage cant wear them.

-Aragain Leafstalker
-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote