Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone-May 3, 2009

Mornin' all. Been a while since I've said hello, but I've been around.... lurking in the corners...

DS, glad to hear uni's getting things going for you. Only three more days to go...

Gangrell, happy 22nd... I didn't read about it in the papers, so that was good

Wolf Rider... sometimes, it's hell being the stable one. Or the "good friend". Or what it sometimes is... next in line. Feel free to vent in here... right next to the Endless M&M Jar is a good spot

Ran my first 5k this past weekend. I did the math and figured out that it was actually a little shorter than my normal treadmill distance in the morning, and since I walk that pretty fast (4.8MPH) and high (15 degree incline), faster on relatively level ground shouldn't be too difficult.

It wasn't... managed to run the whole thing, although I got passed by Captain America and the mascot for the local minor-league baseball team

Finished in 30:28, which was in the top half of all runners.

Not bad for basically deciding the Monday before (aka the registration deadline) that I was really going to do it

Not feeling too bad afterwards, although my hamstrings are tight. Have one of them wrapped to make recovery easier... and it was worth it. I got this cool T-shirt... and a pin, too!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Had my councelling today. And got back home to find my friend incredibly drunk, and getting drunker. At three in the afternoon. Turns out he is, or was, a recovering alcoholic. So now I'm worrying about him.

However, I slept last night, for a change.

Good for you on the running, Bung!

EDIT - Last I heard from him, Mark was still drunk. At least six straight hours of drinking. And didn't know what the time was, or even who I was too well. And now another friend of mine is coming home as drunk as a newt. And this guy has been known to be violent. I think I'm going to lie low from him for a while until his hangover sets in.

See, this is why I quit drinking except for special occasions.

Sorry all, rambling. I tend to when I get nervous and worry. And I am worried about Mark. Not much I can do, I don't have a contact number for him, and he lives several hours away.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 05-13-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #23
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
Or what it sometimes is... next in line. Feel free to vent in here... right next to the Endless M&M Jar is a good spot
Hehe, I don't think it's possible for me to be next in line, if you get my drift... permanently single, always have been, always will be. Endless M&M Jar sounds good, though. Can you become virtually fat on virtual chocolate???
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #24
Eagle eye
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
See, this is why I quit drinking except for special occasions.
We have a rampant binge-drinking culture here in NZ, and I must admit, I don't understand my friends' desire to get dangerously intoxicated almost every night. I am really not fond of myself when I'm drunk, and it is for that reason that I tend to only drink in moderation, if at all..

Anyway, got four uni papers due in a couple of weeks. On top of that I also have a 20 minute presentation to do on accounting. I couldn't think of anything more enjoyable than talking numbers. Fun. .........

In other news, my left index finger is quite itchy, and has been for several days. It is rather irritating.

EDIT: ..And Variol, if you read this, I typed thank and leaf instead of think and left. Never happened to before. See, it's not just you.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..maybe we could start a bad grammar pride club or something!?

All the best in your papers and presentation!

And good on you for being responsible!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #26
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
Hehe, I don't think it's possible for me to be next in line, if you get my drift... permanently single, always have been, always will be. Endless M&M Jar sounds good, though. Can you become virtually fat on virtual chocolate???
Being single isn't a terrible thing. I've had about 2-3 relationships almost start, but didn't work out. One occasion when I was, I think, in my Junior year of highschool. I liked her, she liked me, each of us was waiting for the other to initiate. I was woefully oblivious to all the little hints and nudges she was sending. I didn't really realize about it until some friends pushed me together with some other girl (that didn't last long either), then she told me but said that it was too late now. Really bugged me, for two reasons, 1) how could I not have seen it, 2) If it's too late now, why tell me?.

But bleh, anywho, back to the main point. Being single isn't a terrible thing, but you never know about the posibility of things changing. I've had friends talking to me about how they love the single life, only to wind up in a relationship a week later.

As for the virtual chocolate, I'm not sure, but I know real chocolate can make you really fat. Of course this is in conjunction with multiple other factors.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #27
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I'm actually really glad I had as many relationships as I did. Good, bad, scary; like call the cops on her kind of scary stalker thing.

I think I'm a much better husband because of it.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:49 AM   #28
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I am very happily single and don't plan on being in a relationship anytime soon, if at all. I know that they can make you happy, but seriously, for me it would just be another thing I would have to deal with. I think I'll stick to computer games.

And I know about real chocolate. But I am very, very lucky, and don't seem to be able to get fat, no matter how much I eat.

I am in a good mood now because today was much better than the other day, so anybody who feels like venting has a free shoulder on me.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #29
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Can you become virtually fat on virtual chocolate???
I wouldn't worry about it -- it's virtually impossible... but don't let it happen in real life. Once it starts it's a bitch to reverse.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
And I know about real chocolate. But I am very, very lucky, and don't seem to be able to get fat, no matter how much I eat.
An old friend of mine and I are like this. We joke that as students, we're powered by black holes that suck in all the food we eat. Unfortunatly, it kicks it out around the time we're 40. Ollie said if that was the case, he woud die of massive organ failure the instant he had his 40th birthday.

My drunk friend who I was worried about showed up unharmed, and is going cold turkey.

However, Steve, who caused me so many problems a little while ago and who I thought I would never hear from again, is trying to get back in touch with me.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote