Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey all you new members lurking out there!

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to Ironworks!

What games are you playing? How did you find us? LOL, We love new faces here!
Tell us about yourselves! Pull up a chair and stay awhile!

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Irwonworks Forums

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-09-2001, 01:05 PM   #2
DiabloRex
Elminster

you know, since it is you who started this thread, it is not really appropriate that I tell about myself..

Hi, I am 19 years old, and would like to order a coca cola, and some biscuits.

I prefer to play crpg's, but lately my time have been eating by forums
Old 07-09-2001, 01:58 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I wanted to chime in to the post and say a huge "Welcome" to all our new members from Mithril Hall. It's neat that we seem to be having a "virtual exchange program" between the two sites, as I feel we all have a lot to gain from interacting with each other.

My online handle is Sazerac, for all the newcomers, and I'm one of the mod's here at Ironworks on a few boards (Wizards & Warriors, Wizardry 8, General Discussions, and BG2:ToB). I'm 37 years old (soon to be 38 in September ), teach computers and networking (Windows 2000) at a local IT academy in Denton, TX, am married (4 years now), and am an avid gamer (for over 20 years). Put it to you this way, when I started playing Dungeons & Dragons, I had the original Player's Handbook (with the demon idol on the front cover), and still have all my original dice!

I'd also like to welcome the large number of Danish members we have joining in. My wife visited Denmark on a European trip a few years back, and out of all the places she visited (including France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, and England), her favorite place and the only one she ever wants to go back to is Copenhagen. She's sold me on it, actually...maybe one day I'll go too. She loved the beer known as "Tuborg" (sp?) and has been searching for it here in the US as an import; unfortunately, we have been unable to find it locally. Oh well...

Anyway, welcome to all!

Old 07-09-2001, 02:07 PM   #4
Anduril
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You Still have all your dice! Wow thats quite an achievement i allways lose mine but thats cos i let other people use them and they strangely dont come back.

------------------

Strider's Web 2.0
Forgotten Wars
Old 07-09-2001, 02:07 PM   #5
DiabloRex
Elminster

Glad to know that your wife, liked it here Sazerac. Tuborg is manufactured by Carlsberg-Tuborg. So you might find it via that company (dont know if they sell in the US, probably it is quite a big company)

Of course you are both welcome to come and visit Denmark someday
Old 07-09-2001, 02:11 PM   #6
Ziroc

Yes siree! Welcome all! (Saz, where are yer fireworks!!!) hehe

Welcome all! I joined MH a day or so ago too! Have yet had a chance to post there yet.. been SO busy with this new forum! uuuummmmm! neat features!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 07-09-2001, 02:21 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Welcome to all, but especially to all Danes !

Sazerac, Tuborg is one of the few foreign beers I like, Copenhagen is really a beautiful city and the Danes are an especially friendly people.

------------------
So long !

Rł - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-09-2001, 02:55 PM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
She loved the beer known as "Tuborg" (sp?) and has been searching for it here in the US as an import; unfortunately, we have been unable to find it locally. Oh well...
Hehe I love Tuborg too... but u seem to only be able to get it in mainland Europe...correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 07-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Bump 1 and ...

------------------
So long !

Rł - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-09-2001, 04:31 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the responses, guys, about the Tuborg! It does help knowing the company name, especially since I know we have some Carlsburg distributors in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. I'll have to make a run down to "Goody-Goody's" (don't laugh, it's a MAJOR liquor chain) in Dallas, they have some of the widest selections of import beers and ales.

I DEFINITELY want to visit Copenhagen after my wife's description, and parts of Scandinavia as well. My wife is part Danish, and I'm part Norwegian, so it would be like visiting our "roots." Her other favorite place was Belgium, but that was probably because of the chocolates.

Sorry, Ziroc, I have been remiss! Here's the OFFICIAL fireworks for our newcomers:

WELCOME!!

Cheers!