Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well i have finally meet with a Kensai by name Kurosian."I want to purchase your Katana" he said."I have an obssesion with them you know.".."Give me your Katana or I shall be forced to attack you he said"...
I said"C`mon give your best shot"...well two seconds and i was death............Is there *ANY* way to defeat him/her???????

I am playing on Insane BTW...

Xen

Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Brennihelvete

Yes it is indeed though its a tough battle. He got the super cheesy sword that does acid damage and lowers acid resistance on each hit. You better be prepared...
Old 01-30-2003, 10:29 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Knowing your party setup (levels, classes, notable items) will help us to give you a more constructive answer.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

Nope, no way to defeat him. Sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Owh, using an archer-type with normal missiles does help a little
Old 01-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
weimer
The Magister

Did you read the file tactics\HINTS-Kuroisan.txt? Anyway, I'll recommend all of the standard moves: pro-acid scrolls, invis potions, normal weapons, breach, etc. If you're still having trouble, tell us about your party and why what you are trying doesn't work.
weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:34 PM   #6
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Don't EVER go near Kuroisan under any circumstances! That really is the #1 Rule when fighting him. With 8 ApR, low enough THAC0 to hit a Lvl 40 Swashbuckler regularly, and hits ranging from 60-70 dmg on Insane, this should really be a given.

Missile weapons is the way to go vs him. Though you must of course first dispel his enchantments. A single Breach will take care of every single one of them, though you must be able to target him to breach him, and unfortunately he casts Shadow Door combined with Spell Immunity: Divination, Abjuration, and something else as well, so you cant do much else but simply outlast them. This is extremely tricky if you have a party, but try to keep everyone hasted at all times, and always have them running around, avoiding Kuroisan. If you can keep out of his way long enough, his spell immunities should wear off and you can proceed with True Sight and then Breach. This should make him considerably easier to manage since he'll also lose his haste.

Now just keep pummeling him with missile weapons, normal missiles for when he's got Prot from Magic weapons up, and then switch to the heavy artillery once as soon as you dispel one of them. Imp Haste + MMM will eat him alive if you can exhaust his source of PfMW's.

[ 01-30-2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 01-30-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Who is the kensai called Kurosian? Where is he?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Brennihelvete

Its a part of the tactics mod. When you aquire the Celestial fury he will find you and try to take the sword from you.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:10 PM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

Take a really buffed up mage including fire sheild.
Get the mage to attack Kurosian.
The resulting acidic backlash will trigger the fire shield.
It should work, I've never tried it myself however.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:06 PM   #10
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
Take a really buffed up mage including fire sheild.
Get the mage to attack Kurosian.
The resulting acidic backlash will trigger the fire shield.
It should work, I've never tried it myself however.
It DOES work. In fact if you have Prot. from acid (you'll be immune to it) then you just have to throw a larloch's minor drain to kill him.

BECAUSE:

he takes 1-4 damgage and sends ??? back to you, but your immune to it and your fire (or ice) shield sends 4 back, but upon him taking these 4 he sends another useless acid backlash which again gives him 4 damage and so on and so on...

He'll die Quick
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Lucifer Lord of demons is offline   Reply With Quote